Weekly Training Journal 3 | Strength and Conditioning | Home Workouts
Firstly, I want to thank you all for all your amazing comments from my last post. It seems that I am not the only one going through a tough time, and I am happy that we can all come together and support one another. Thank you for giving me that
I trained so hard yesterday my glutes and legs are actually sore … and I rarely get DOMS in my legs! Today has been an active rest day, because that’s about all I could muster – light cardio!
This is my training from last week when I managed a cool PR!
Week Beginning 12th March
Wednesday – Crazy Day!
- Bench Press – SET 1: 25kg x 12 reps, SET 2: 30kg x 8 reps, SET 3: 40kg x 5 reps, SET 4: 45kg x 4 reps, SET 5: 47.5kg x 1 reps, SET 6: 50kg x 1 rep
- Barbell Military Press – SET 1: 25kg x 8 reps, SET 2: 30kg x 5 reps, SET 3: 32.5kg x 2 reps, SET 4: 35kg x 1 push press rep (needs work)
- Weighted Dips (Video below) – SET 1: 5kg x 10 reps, SET 2: 7.5kg x 6 reps, SET 3: 10kg x 5 reps (PR), SET 4: 12.5kg x 2 reps oops!, SET 5: 15kg x 3 reps (BIG PR)
Then later the same day I did a Kettlebell Class! Insane woman, I know! LOL
24 Minute Interval Workout (1 round)
Then that evening a Conditioning Class at the gym.
Short Gym Circuit. 5 rounds of:
- 10 Goblet Squats with 24kg KB
- Heavy Swings x 12 reps (24kg)
- Neutral Grip Chins x 6 reps
Followed by 20 mins treadmill HIIT and 10 mins steady pace on StairMaster.
- Deadlifts – SET 1: 75kg x 6 reps, SET 2: 80kg x 5 reps, SET 3: 90kg x 4 singles, SET 4: 95kg x 3 singles, SET 5: 100kg x 3 singles
- Glute Bridges – 2 SETS with 100kg x 12 reps
- Bench Press – SET 1: 25kg x 8 reps, SET 2: (Survival of the Fittest Challenge) 30kg x 22 reps (Video below), SET 3: 40kg x 5 reps, SET 4: 45kg x 2 reps, SET 5: 50kg x 1 rep (harder than earlier in the week)