Weekly Training Journal 2
It’s time to run through all the training I did last week. Because I did so much the previous week, I learned my lesson and reduced it last week and this week.
Training from Week beginning March 5th
1 hour 10 min brisk walk into town … Got egg-bombed by some teenagers! Not impressed
Trained Twice: Gym session in the morning and Kettlebell Class in the evening.
Gym Session -
3 rounds of the following circuit
- Bulgarian Squats (2x 12kg x 12 reps) (2x 14kg x8 reps) (2 x 16kg x 5 reps)
- Neutral Grip Chin Ups (7, 7, 7)
Then I did 3 rounds of the following 2 exercises:
- Seated Cable Row (35kg x 12 reps) (40kg x 8 reps) (45kg x 5 reps)
- Body Weight Dips (10, 10, 10)
Followed by 10 mins HIIT on treadmill and 20 mins steady pace cardio on StairMaster.
Killer Gym Session:
- HEX Bar Deadlifts (a first for me … and only realised after that the HEX bar weighs 25kg, not 20kg like a normal Barbell … so I was actually lifting more than I thought at first ). SET 1: 75kg x 10 reps, SET 2: 85kg x 8 reps, SET 3: 95kg x 4 singles, SET 4: 105kg x 3 singles. These were harder than I expected. Because you use more quads, I actually found these more challenging – weird!
- Barbell Military Press – SET 1: 20kg x 12 reps, SET 2: 25kg x 8 reps, SET 3: 30kg x 5 reps, SET 4: 35kg x 3 reps, SET 5: 35kg x 3 reps (these are becoming a new nemesis)
- Weighted Dips – SET 1: 5kg x 10 reps, SET 2: 7.5kg x 6 reps, SET 3: 10kg x 4 reps, SET 4: 12.5kg x 4 reps (PR), SET 5: 15kg x 3 reps (PR)
- Chin-Ups – 1 measly set of 7 reps Was tired!
- 30 mins Treadmill HIIT at 5% incline. Walking at 6.5 km/ph, then sprinting at 16 km/ph – roughly 20 – 30 second sprint time and ages for recovery LOL.
- Front Squat – SET 1: 30kg x 12 reps, SET 2: 35kg x 10 reps, SET 3: 40kg x 10 reps, SET 4: 50kg x 5 reps, SET 5: 55kg x 2 singles. Felt tired!
- Glute Bridges – SET 1: 75kg x 12 reps, SET 2: 95kg x 10 reps, SET 3: 105kg x 8 reps, SET 4: 115kg x 6 reps
- Cable Chops – 3 sets of 8 – 10 reps each side with 7.5kg on the cable
- Hanging Leg Raises on Roman Chair – 3 sets of 10 reps.
REST and food and got more pictures – example above!
Although this week started slow, I sure made up for the volume towards the later half of the week. I feel I am making some progress, but might need to plan ahead more of what I intend to do in the gym … in other words, make a program This week’s training will be up during next week.
Thank you everyone who responded to my question about Beginner’s workouts. I will be making one next week