Firstly Happy Easter to you all 🙂 I am unfortunately working this Easter weekend, but I still found a little time to do this upper body workout.
It worked out quite well actually, as yesterday I did heavy leg training in the gym (plus a pull up personal best of 7 in a row 😀 ) – all that practice is paying off. So today my pull ups suffered a little as I got carried away with 3 sets yesterday (7,6 and 5). Think it’s because the strength room was full of meat-heads all throwing their weights about and dropping them etc – which gets me into bad form and we all know what happens when Mad-Marianne comes out, Personal Bests! I actually had to tell one guy to shut up, because he was just being a complete ignorant arse – grrrr!
OK rant over – it’s a happy day…
So this workout is the second day of the 2-day split routine which started with lower body. The exercises obviously can be varied to work additional muscle groups, or the same ones in different ways, but the exercises I have chosen are tough!
Again there is a mix of rep ranges and set times depending on the exercise and then there is an upper and lower body Tabata to finish.
Resistance Section – Complete 3 rounds of the following 6 exercises. Choose a moderate to heavy weight when possible and try to increase the weight each round. Remember the rep range is only a guide, you can go lower or higher if you wish: Confession from me, I only did 2 rounds today – I was busted after work and I just needed a day off.
- Pull Ups x MAX reps (6, 3)
- Half Kneeling Kettlebell Military Press (right) x 8 – 15 reps (R1 – with 12kg x 12 reps, R2 – with 16kg x 6 reps)
- Half Kneeling Kettlebell Military Press (left) x 8 – 15 reps (R1 – with 12kg x 12 reps, R2 – with 16kg x 5 reps)
- Burpees (or for beginners, modified Push Ups) x 1 minute (19, 17)
- Kettlebell Bent Over Row x 8 – 15 reps (Both Rounds with 2 x 16kg – 12 reps)
- DiveBombers (or Hindu push ups, which are a little easier, or even Plank Climbers instead) x 1 minute (14, 12)
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 8 cycles of 10 seconds rest and 20 seconds MAX effort and complete 4 rounds of the following 2 exercises (didn’t count reps):
- Kettlebell Vertical Swing Burpee (lighter weight for the Tabata) – Beginners do mountain climbers, KB swings, or burpees minus push ups.
- Light Squat/Sumo Jumps
If you don’t hate me now, you will tomorrow :-/ I hate myself already for this torture haha!
If you need something to get you through this, just think of something really annoying and turn the rage into drive, it really works, plus what you were annoyed at, disappears 😀
Enjoy your long weekend everyone who is off, don’t be eating too much chocolate … coz that means there will be more for ME 😛 😛 😛