Felt like a bodyweight workout today to supplement my weight training in the gym this morning. I came up with this workout to really challenge myself – and it did. Wanted a tough workout, and I got one! Mind you, for some reason I was pushing myself really hard, it must be the sunshine!
There are 6 exercises (in the first section), although 2 are divided in to right and left side, so for the purposes of setting your timer, count it as 8 exercises. I set my handy and, now battered, Gymboss Interval Timer for 16 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 effort. I completed 2 rounds of the following 8 exercises:
- Low Jumping Jacks ( 35 – 33 )
- Plank Climbers (alternating lead arm) ( 22 – 21 )
- Body weight Curtsy (right) ( 25 – 23 )
- Body weight Curtsy (left) ( 24 – 23 )
- Burpee with “Power” push up to feet (hard to explain lol) ( 16 – 14 )
- Single Glute Raise from the heel (right) ( 24 – 21 )
- Single Glute Raise from heel (left) ( 25 – 22 )
- Diagonal Knee Tucks ( 33 – 29 )
I then reset my Interval Timer for 8 cycles of10 seconds rest and 20 seconds MAX effort, that’s right, you guessed it -TABATA! I did the following:
- Dynamic Squats x 2 sets
- Mountain Climbers x 2 sets
- Evil Jumps x 2 sets :/
- Mountain Climbers x 1 set
- Sumo Squat Jumps x 1 set
I then fell into a heap – but it was worth the pain – honest
The potential for fat burning in this workout is very high, you must push yourself to the very limit of what you can do. Otherwise, it’s wasted energy.
Let me know what you made of this one, if anyone has a chance to try it.
MarianneTags: body weight workout, Body Weight Workouts (old), bodyweight workouts, burn fat, fat burning furnace, fat loss, fitness, gymboss, interval training, sexy sweat fest, weight loss, workout