Firstly I have to apologise for my absence. With work and my injury PLUS getting things organised for my trip, I have just been so busy to get much blogging done. This is the only chance I have had to do a workout! It’s a bit crazy around here. So I hope you can keep yourselves occupied with older workouts for a while.
I do intend on posting updates and I hope the odd workout while I’m away, as that is kinda what it’s all about (plus socialising of course ).
After work I had just enough energy to do 2 rounds of this intense full body workout. Because it’s a conditioning workout, it is great making you feel like you’ve really made an effort. The intervals keep you motivated and the pace it just right for breaking a sweat
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 8 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 seconds effort. Complete 2-3 rounds of the following 8 exercises and perform either pull ups or horizontal pull ups in between rounds:
My reps and weights per exercise are in brackets as usual.
- Kettlebell Thruster (right) (16kg) (12, 11)
- Kettlebell Thruster (left) (11, 11)
- Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing (20kg) (30, 30 )
- Dynamic Squats (33, 32)
- Kettlebell Vertical Swing Burpee (20kg) (11, 11)
- Alternating Single-leg Hip Thrust (22, 20)
- Renegade Row (2 x 16kg) (17, 16)
- Alternating High Deficit Reverse Lunge (20kg) (13, 12)
Pull Ups x 5 after each round (found these tough again, need to start doing more pull ups again).
- You can try the thrusters as they are in the video, or replace them with Goblet-Hold Thrusters. This is the same movement but you hold one KB with both hands.
- You can do Vertical Swings minus the Burpee part, or do body weight burpees here instead.
- Choose the appropriate Glute Bridge/Hip Thrust variation according to your ability level, keeping in mind the importance of regression as explained in my Glute Bride to Hip Thrust post.
- Either do Alternating Kettlebell Reverse Lunges from the floor, or Body Weight High Deficit Reverse Lunges.
- Change the intervals to have a longer rest and/or shorter effort period if needed.
I hope you all enjoy this torture and I REALLY hope to have time for another workout before I go on Friday morning.
Talk to you all soon
MarianneTags: badass, beautiful badass, conditioning workout, fat loss, kettlebell conditioning