NEW *Remember the Love* 500 Rep Kettlebell Challenge!
I am hoping that because it’s Valentine’s Day that you’ll be incapable of hating me for this New 500 Rep Kettlebell Challenge …
The other night I was sifting through my old videos and I was mostly horrified at my form, to the point I want to remove the evidence that I was ever that bad! But I won’t. It is a perfect illustration of progression; if you want a glimpse of how far you have come – look back!
For now I can direct you back in time to my Ultimate 500 Rep Kettlebell Workout (from Feb 2010) and my NEW Sexy 500 Rep Kettlebell Workout (Sept 2010). Feel free to try these older workouts again!
Without further ado, here is the NEW NEW 500 Rep Kettlebell Challenge:
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer to Stopwatch mode and time how long it takes you to complete this evil torture. The goal is to do one round of the following 10 exercises. Because I am a stickler for good form these days, then you are allowed to rest when you need to, but try and complete all reps for each exercise before moving on to the next. You are also allowed to change the weight if you need to.
- Goblet Squat x 50 Reps (20kg all the way with 1 set of 20 and 3 sets of 10 reps – yippee!)
- Two-Handed Swing x 50 Reps (24kg) (Managed 35 before I needed a break)
- Alternating Reverse Lunge x 50 Reps (total) (2x14kg) (5 sets of 10)
- Snatch x 50 Reps (work sets of 5-10 reps each side to delay fatigue and breakdown of form) – I changed to the Dead Snatch after my delicate hands gave out.
- Alternating Single-Leg Hip Thrust / Glute Bridges x 50 Reps (total) (butt on fire after first 25 reps. Had a break and killed the rest)
- Kettlebell Row (Renegade, Bent Over or Single Arm) x 50 Reps (25 each side) (Renegade Rows with 2x16kg) (1 set of 20 reps and 3 sets of 10 reps)
- Single-Leg Deadlift x 50 Reps (25 each side) (2x16kg) (1 set of 15 reps each side, then a set of 10 reps)
- Clean (optional) + Press/Push Press x 50 Reps (25 each side) (1 set of 15 reps each side, then 2 sets of 5) – I left out the Cleans because my hands were busted!
- Stand-Kneel-Stand x 50 Reps (25 each leg) (16kg) (1 set of 15 reps each side, then a set of 10)
- BURPEES X 50 REPS – sorry!! LOL (1 set of 20 reps then 3 sets of 10 – eek!)
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Remember the love x