I got myself a few pro grade kettlebells to work with. I am hoping to perfect some of the more technical Kettlebell moves without changing my form depending on the size of the bell. Obviously this was my first proper attempt at some of these exercises with the larger dimension, so please excuse any mistakes or awkwardness with my form. I will hopefully, in time, improve dramatically 🙂
This workout consists of only 4 Kettlebell exercises and then 4 minutes body weight Tabata Training. I then repeated this sequence again. In total the whole workout took about 20 minutes. This was enough for me today as I was messing around with the KBs before I started filming. If you wish to have a longer workout, you only need to either add a few more rounds, or add extra exercises to the rounds.
The exercises for the Kettlebell section are:
- 2-Handed KB Swings x 40 reps (16kg)
- Single KB Cleans x 30 reps (15 reps each side) (12kg 1st round, 16kg 2nd round)
- Double Kettlebell Bent Over Rows (wide stance) x 20 reps (2 x 12kg)
- Single KB Overhead Squats x 10 reps (5 each side) (12kg)
I then set my Gymboss Interval Timer for 8 cycles of 10 seconds rest and 20 seconds MAX effort to perform the following body weight exercises:
- Skipping (high knees) x 2 sets
- Mountain Climbers x 2 sets (just to finish your hip flexors off)
- Skipping (Jacks) x 2 sets
- Skater Jumps x 2 sets
This workout was tough for me. I found the overhead squats the hardest, simply due to flexibility, I wish I was more supple! Then, two rounds of Tabata LOL, well I needn’t say any more about that.
I hope to be back tomorrow with a new workout because on Thursday, I am singing at my friends wedding – eek I’m so nervous … rehersal is tonight, so wish me luck :/
See you tomorrow