Monster Workout | Kettlebell and Body Weight Strength Routine
Firstly, can I ask: do you like the new comment area using Disqus? If not, I can have it removed —> Is it making it more difficult to leave comments?
Today, I decided to do my first Kettlebell workout in over 2 weeks! There are times I like to change things up, so this last while I decided to start walking EVERYWHERE. Last week, I walked a total of about 30 miles. This week will be over 20 When the weather is clear and dry, I just love walking in the crisp air.
Over the next while, I plan to do 2-3 gym workouts, 1 KB workout and a LOT of walking. Keep things fresh!
The workout ended up being quite a long one in comparison to the usual – however it was fun and challenging, so I hardly saw the time go in.
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 10 cycles of 20 seconds rest and 40 seconds effort. Complete 3 rounds in total of the 10 exercises and complete one set of the “Bridging Combination” after rounds 1 and 2.
My reps per exercise and weights used are recorded in brackets below:
- Stand-Kneel-Stand (right) (16kg) (13, 13, 12)
- Stand-Kneel-Stand (left) (16kg) (13, 13, 13)
- Renegade Row (2x16kg) (17, 16, 16)
- Two-Handed KB Swing (20kg then 24kg) (30, 30, 29)
- Side to Side Step Ups (42, 40, 40)
- Push Press (right) (14kg then 16kg) (15, 10, 9) 16kg was tough!
- Push Press (left) (same) (15, 11, 11) – better this side
- Single Leg RDL (left) (20kg then 2 x 16kg) (8, 7, 7) – balance was my main issue
- SL RDL (right) (same) (10, 8, 7)
- Burpees (10, 9, 9)
- Seated Band Abductions x 20 reps
- Pull Ups x 6 reps
I just loved this workout – it was the perfect mix of exercises
Hope you enjoy it too! Please let me know about the Comment section –> vote yes or no for the new set-up!
PS – Check out this link for novelty Fitness Jewelry – they even have mini Kettlebell Necklaces!!