Single-Leg RDL

Monster Workout | Kettlebell and Body Weight Strength Routine

Hi all,

Firstly, can I ask: do you like the new comment area using Disqus? If not, I can have it removed —> Is it making it more difficult to leave comments?

Today, I decided to do my first Kettlebell workout in over 2 weeks! There are times I like to change things up, so this last while I decided to start walking EVERYWHERE. Last week, I walked a total of about 30 miles. This week will be over 20 :) When the weather is clear and dry, I just love walking in the crisp air.

Over the next while, I plan to do 2-3 gym workouts, 1 KB workout and a LOT of walking.  Keep things fresh!

The workout ended up being quite a long one in comparison to the usual – however it was fun and challenging, so I hardly saw the time go in.

Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 10 cycles of 20 seconds rest and 40 seconds effort.  Complete 3 rounds in total of the 10 exercises and complete one set of the “Bridging Combination” after rounds 1 and 2.

My reps per exercise and weights used are recorded in brackets below:

1. Stand-Kneel-Stand (right) (16kg) (13, 13, 12)
  2. Stand-Kneel-Stand (left) (16kg) (13, 13, 13)
  3. Renegade Row (2x16kg) (17, 16, 16)
  4. Two-Handed KB Swing (20kg then 24kg) (30, 30, 29)
  5. Side to Side Step Ups (42, 40, 40)
  6. Push Press (right) (14kg then 16kg) (15, 10, 9) 16kg was tough!
  7. Push Press (left) (same) (15, 11, 11) – better this side
  8. Single Leg RDL (left) (20kg then 2 x 16kg) (8, 7, 7) – balance was my main issue
  9. SL RDL (right) (same) (10, 8, 7)
  10. Burpees (10, 9, 9)

Bridging Combination

• Seated Band Abductions x 20 reps
  • Pull Ups x 6 reps

I just loved this workout – it was the perfect mix of exercises :)

Hope you enjoy it too! Please let me know about the Comment section –> vote yes or no for the new set-up!

Cheers,

PS – Check out this link for novelty Fitness Jewelry – they even have mini Kettlebell Necklaces!!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. oh my, you start with stand kneel stand, i’m in trouble already. ha ha

2. Heidi L says:

Hey! To me it seems a lot easier to post comments…

3. paul, ewloe, wales says:

looks like another good one cannot wait to do it monday

4. TheKirvel says:

Hi Marianne, thanks for another inspiring workout! Nice to hear that you enjoy walking as well. I do a lot of walking myself. I am walking to my workplace every morning, which is about 40 minutes in a rather speedy tempo. I think it is a wonderful way of starting the day.
    To your question, I must admit that I messed it up a bit the first time I left a message using the Disqus. As soon as I found out how to do it it was easy. But if you receive fewer comments than you did before, the reason could probably be that some find it more difficult this way (like I did at first).
    Kind regards, Kirsten

Thanks Kirsten. That helps :) Maybe people are just busy with the Holidays, but I wanted to check that it wasn’t the comment section. Hope it’s not.

I think walking is a great way to set the day off to a good start – helps focus the mind!

Cheers,

5. Gfryer says:

Your last workout, I said I almost mistakenly tried to do 3 rounds…. So this time, that’s what you planned for us!

Huffing and puffing later, I got it done! How on earth do you manage 30 swings in 40 seconds? Apart from that, I did pretty well: it was tough, but doable!

Thanks for another great workout. You are the best!

~ Gillian. (Brrr. It was 10F this morning & below 0 expected tomorrow w/ snow)

Hi!

Yeah, the swings start off quite fast (I pull the KB down and back more at the start), but as I reach the end I slow way down. 28 – 30 seems to be the norm for me now and I can’t get any more than that!

Glad you liked this. Maybe it was enough to warm you up in that COLD weather!! We don’t get temperatures like that here! Well, 2 years ago we had a big freeze like that, but normally it’s only a little below freezing. Though, I do love the snow and crisp coldness. Proper winter :)

Cheers,

6. Terri says:

I just did this…great workout!! Pretty tough!!

7. 3 rounds of this definitely made it monster!!

I am glad you are walking, I walk a lot, it’s good for the head. I think I am the only one around here who isn’t happy with disqus. Maybe it’s just the format. I’ve lost some posts as well.

that workout looks killer. could be my midweek torture.

Mickela

Hey,

I think I have gotten all your comments … but then I guess I wouldn’t know if some went missing :( Sorry you find it annoying. I hope there aren’t too many others that feel this way or people who can’t comment. Just seem to be less comments right now and I thought there was maybe an issue with the installation.

Hope you will come back and let us know how you get on with the torture ;)

9. elizabeth says:

ready to do this in the morning! I also love walking. It’s something I will never tire of. clears the head and body. I usually talk to myself….and well respond too..haha.

10. Beatatjata says:

Trying to leave a comment, looks easy enough! Not like the workout… Ugh! Looks amazingly hard core, can´t wait to try it!

Any new years resolutions around here? new post hint hint……

12. [...] I did this workout from http://www.myomytv.com (click on over to her site for the instructional video that goes along with [...]

13. Anne says:

Thanks for posting the workouts – that’s great. Can I maybe just suggest that you record one full round and then we can watch it 3 times over? It would allow a smooth transition between exercises instead of having to pause etc. Otherwise, great workouts with lots of great combos.

Hi Anne! Is your suggestion so you can train with me? I have always edited the videos this way so people can just see the workout as a sequence and see enough of each exercise to have it demonstrated. I am interested to know if others feel this way too? Is it time for a change?

14. Wendy says:

Wow that was a tough workout! Thanks! :) (I was going to do a lot of squatting after that but I was quite done!)

Wendy
    Surrey BC Canada

15. Coach A says:

Outstanding workout! Heavier KBs can either kill or humble a person…I was humbled and got a tremendous workout. Thanks for all of the knowledge and time you share with the world!

16. Totatzi Lopez says:

Hi, thanks so much for this workout. It was awesome ! I was feeling super energized this morning and decided to do this workout but add an interval of jumprope between each exercise. Kicked my butt!!!

17. Stephanie says:

I enjoyed a lot! Thank you so much.

18. Anna B says:

LOVED this workout, thanks for sharing!