Today I am revisiting the wish-list of workouts designed to challenge me and everyone else here! Mickela’s insane cardio workout was right at the top of the list for me as I fancied something to get the heart and lungs goin.
Seeing as Mickela guessed I might add a little somethin to the workout, I thought there was no way I could disappoint, so EVIL JUMPS sneaked their way into the exercise list 😉
This workout focuses all the effort on the lower body and the Cardiovascular system and is great for overall fitness, conditioning and, fat loss. Additionally this would be a great way to finish an upper body strength session or an “in between” training day. I think Mickela dedicated a day a week to her Crazy Cardio.
First, set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 27 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 seconds effort. Complete 3 rounds of the following 9 exercises. My reps per exercise are in brackets:
- Jump Rope (High Knees) (110, 117, 121)
- Prisoner Squats (28, 25, 24)
- Jump Rope (Feet Together) (84, 80, 85)
- High Deficit Reverse Lunge (right) (31, 25, 23)
- High Deficit Reverse Lunge (left) (29,, 26, 22)
- Jump Rope (High Knees) (98, 95, 101)
- Single-Leg Hip Thrust (right) (14, 15, 12)
- Single-Leg Hip Thrust (left) (15, 13, 11)
- Evil Jumps (15, 13, 13)
Now, I did change a few little things about the workout, but it was only to fit in with my own preferences and had nothing to do with Mickela’s design. Either way would be fine 🙂
I hope you all enjoy this workout and have a great weekend 😀