Evil Lateral Lunge

Make Your Mark | Kettlebell Circuit Routine

Evil Lateral Lunge

The title of today’s is to remind us all to make everything we do count, no matter how big or small.  What is small innings to one person, might change the life of someone else!

This week is a happy week for me because I reached a decision about something that has been weighing on my mind.  Over the past 6 months or so I seem to have added more and more responsibilities to my life, to the point I get less and less done.  My passion is to help people and be available to do so – yet lately I have been spreading myself so thinly, I have become overwhelmed with these responsibilities, meeting expectations and feeling guilty that I have neglected my roots here at myomytv.  With so many projects in the mix, I had to make a choice – which ones NEED ME and walk away from the rest…

As of today, I am NO LONGER a leading member of Girls Gone Strong :( I am, of course, still a fan and always will be an Original Co-Founder (which I am very proud of).  Julia Ladewski has also stepped down, which leaves 5 members.  I am confident that GGS will survive and flourish without me – myomytv would not.

I want my life to be less complicated and I feel I am constantly changing my “hat” depending on where I am: myomytv, GGS, PowHow, Nursing, me as a person etc etc.  I just want to be Marianne Kane and make my mark where ever I happen to go.  All I have to do is decide where I am needed and commit 100% to that.

With this being Thanksgiving week in the USA, I am thankful that I was involved in GGS at its birth and thankful for the wonderful friends I made in the process :)  They certainly made their mark on me <3

Before I start tearing up again, let’s get on with today’s workout:

Simplify your life and simplify your workouts!

Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 24 cycles of 20 seconds rest and 40 seconds effort. Complete 3 rounds of the following 8 exercises.  Remember you can adjust the times to suit your own fitness level, just as long as you aren’t slacking! Check out the weights I used and reps per exercise in brackets below):

1. Double KB Suitcase Deadlift Burpee (2 x 20kg) (13, 12, 10)
  2. Alternating Single-Leg Hip Thrust (14, 14, 14)
  3. Inverted Row (13, 11, 8 )
  4. Lateral Lunge (right) (12kg) (12, 11, 11)
  5. Lateral Lunge (left) (12kg) (11, 11, 11) – these are tougher than they look!
  6. Push Press (right) (14kg) (14, 14, 12)
  7. Push Press (left) (14kg) (14, 15, 13) – could’ve used the 16kg if I’m honest.
  8. Two-Handed KB Swing (24kg) (30, 30, 29)

Hope you all enjoy this and have a wonderful week! I will be spending spending some time away in Galway with my mum for her Birthday.

Finally, there is a chance the site might be down for a while during the week as some changes and updates are put in place.  We aim to get these done during an off-peak time so as not to inconvenience anyone :)

Cheers,

Tags: , , ,

1. topptrent says:

Great workout! I also made a kettle bell video, check it out on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCkCW6fUk04 and let me know what you think :)

2. I love all your workouts and have been doing them for a couple of months now. I am really starting to see a difference, so thank you. I was wondering how often do you workout a week? 3 to 4 times? And if you incorporate any cardio? Although these workouts usually leave me out of breath so may not be necessary. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hey Jennifer, Great to hear that you are seeing results :)

How often someone trains depends on several factors; their goals, their experience (more experienced lifters tend not to need to train as often – but the reverse can be true if a newbie has a lot of muscle soreness), the type of training you do (eg max lifts should be done less often in most cases – maybe twice a week), and your own personal recovery rate.

For me, I try to train 4 times per week (sometimes 3, sometimes 5). I do 2 Gym Full Body Strength sessions and 2 at home Conditioning workouts – if I have time, I sometimes add 20 mins steady cardio at the end of my training (mostly during the festive season), or I try to get out for walks as my cardio. On my conditioning days, that is all I do – it’s enough :)

Hope this helps. Now that I have extra time, maybe a post about this might help?

3. Sarah says:

I’m sure it was a tough decision, I understand that it must have been very hard, but I totally support what you have decided.

Myomytv is a great fitness site that more and more people are “discovering”. So this place really needs you, your skills and your strength.

Very nice workout btw.

Sarah

4. Sarah says:

How heavy is the blue kettlebell you’re using for the lateral lunges?

Thanks
    Sarah

lateral lunges are awesome and very effective. great workout! this one is my post turkey binge workout.

Happy thanksgiving all!

6. TheKirvel says:

Hi Marianne!

I am glad to hear that you have made a choice you seem to be happy with. Having too many projects going on can surely be very draining.

The workout was great! I haven’t done the lateral lunge before, but I will try it on my next workout. Thanks for everything you are sharing, it is very helpful to learn from your experiences.
    Kind regards

7. olga says:

The happier you are with what you’re doing, the better you do what you do! Rest assured, we appreciate and support you wherever you find yourself, thank you for you taking the time to share your knowledge and experience with us! “Trust in the Lord with all your heart…” Proverbs 3:5 :)

Just killed this one. WOW! I switched a few things I did a double KB push press with 2 8kg and the last 2 rounds I did a swing and clean alternating left and right.
    The lunges are no joke. I have to say this is one excellent all body workout.

Thank you for motivating me Marianne, keep shinning :)

Grr don’t like disqus. I had left a message before regarding this workout. I really enjoyed it. I made a few changes. I did the push press with 2 8kg KB and the last 2 I did a single handed swing to clean with the 16kg. it was a very motivating workout. Keep shinning Marianne.