Klash of the Kettlebells – Full Body Workout!

cambridge essay service Hi everyone,

view As usual, I have little time to talk about this workout. The plan was to lighten my weights and aim for max reps but, as it turned out this workout required a more controlled approach and I didn’t lighten the weight so much, but tried to do each rep with good form and concentration. As I explain in the video, the Single Leg Deadlift is an exercise to be performed under control to reap the benefits.

page The workout is interval based, but I probably could’ve played about with the times, but all the same the sweat was pouring off me and I got a real burn, which was good. My reps per exercise are in brackets below along with my little key to explain whether my exercises are cardio (c), resistance (r), strength (s), plyometric (p), stabilising (st) or, core activating exercises (cae). I set my Gymboss Interval Timer for 24 cycles of 20 seconds recovery and 40 seconds effort. I completed 3 rounds of the following 8 exercises:

1. KB Front Squat into Press/Thruster into Reverse Lunge (right) (s,c,cae,p,st) (6,5,4)
  2. KB Front Squat into Press/Thruster into Reverse Lunge (left) (s,c,,cae,p,st) (6,4,4)
  3. KB Alternating Swing (c,r,cae) (26,23,24)
  4. Double KB Row (s,r,cae) (17,14,13)
  5. KB Single Leg Deadlift (right) (s,st,cae) (9,8,6)
  6. KB Single Leg Deadlift (left) (s,st,cae) (10,8,5)
  7. KB Vertical Swing Burpee (s,r,cae,p,c) (11,9,8)
  8. KB Tricep Push Up (s,cae,st) (14,13,11)

next During the first exercise I started off doing some squat to press, rather than thrusters, but I couldn’t seem to stop myself doing thrusters LOL, I wanted to make this more difficult by stopping before the press action, but seems I had a mental block today πŸ˜‰ It happens to us all!

should i buy a research paper Give this workout a try and let me know if you like it.Β  I thought when I scanned over it at the end that all the exercises used only one KB, but then I noticed the Double Rows. Obviously you can do single rows if you only have one KB, but remember to change your timer to include 25 cycles πŸ™‚ Oh and if your KB is not stable enough to do a close grip press up on, then just do it on the floor – no chickening out!

http://karamurselhafriyat.com/828b/hareov.php?sj=reynaldo-gallegos-age I will be back VERY soon for another new workout!

here Cheers

go to link Marianne

click here

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. Full body workout – Kettlebell | TrΓ¦nings blog says:

[…] Full body work out Kettlebell Leave a Reply ? Already the latest post! Danske videoer – Kettlebell swing […]

2. Lauren says:

Just discovered your site and I’m loving it… Thank you for providing such great workouts (and inspiration)!

I’m a total novice at kb training, so sorry if you’ve answered this before, but what are the abbreviations (e.g. s,c,cae,p,st)?

Cheers from Canada!

3. Aimee says:

Tried this one today, I loved it! The front squat/thruster/back lunge were the killer in this. Wow! I just can’t say enough about your workouts they are a perfect mix of everything. You need to put out a DVD series, seriously I would buy it, then I would feel like I was really working out with you lol. For some reason it’s a little easier for me to follow when I have a video but I’ve been surprising myself breaking out of the comfort zone and using the gymboss. Again thanks so much for putting out such great workouts you totally ROCK!

4. John says:

Hi Marianne..
    Loved this workout…I’m becoming a big fan of the vertical swing..really effective. And those KB pushups are a killer…I did have some trouble with the single leg dead lift from the left side…not flexibility realted, just not used to making that sort of movement…the right side is great, the left, not so much. Is there anything you’d recommend to strengthen that side? Body weight maybe?
    Thanks again for all your help..
    John

Hey John, I would add in so body weight single leg DL. It might be your glute on that side? The deadlift is about the hips goin back and the glutes squeezing them forward, so maybe that’s why it’s more tricky from one side? Try some single leg weighted glute raises. You know the supine bridge, with one foot off and the other down. Put a KB across you and lift, really squeezing the glutes. Might help?

5. Roxanne says:

Looks like an awesome workout Marianne! One question though, do you have calluses from the kettlebells? I have wanted to work with kettlebells for a while now but am afraid of what it will do to my hands. Even for weightlifting I always us a glove. Also, do you recommend any DVD or books on kettlebell technique? I don’t want to injure myself by doing anything incorrect. Thanks so much for your help!

Hi Roxanne, Yes I get calluses πŸ™ But I no longer wear gloves to prevent them. I was told that wearing gloves when lifting can affect grip development. Looking after hands involves moisturising and filing any rough areas πŸ™‚

As for DVD’s or books, I have never watched or read any, so I cannot recommed any I am afraid. But, I can totoally understand you wanting to ensure proper technique when starting out. This is why I am trying to put together a library of KB exercise tutorials to assist beginners with technical issues. This is on its way here very soon.

I hope this will be of help to you πŸ™‚

6. Steve xx says:

Ah this was such a good workout to get me in gear on a monday morning!

Did it with my 20kg and just substituted ballistic row for the double KB row.

I made a flying visit to Belfast last thurs to see my aunt, only stayed for one night so wouldn’t have had the chance to come to one of your classes. But I have been made to promise to come back in the new year for longer so I hope I’ll be able to come along then.

Oh and if you like your food and like the odd steak, the Porterhouse restaurant on the Lisburn road was fantastic, I struggled to finish mine LOL.

Steve.

Hi Steve πŸ™‚ Never been to the Porterhouse before, must try it. Most places along there are nice though. It would be cool if you came to the class next time πŸ˜€

7. Paul says:

Great workout.In the future can you do a video on the types of equipment you use. For instance what weight KB you use and what corresponding colour it is, that way when I see your workouts ill know the weight just by the colour KB.
    Keep up the good work your an inspiration, always finding time to exercise no matter how busy you are.

Thanks
    Paul

Hey Paul, Thanks. In the fututre I’ll try and remember to mention the weights I use in each workout. The white ones here are 14kg, yellows – 16kg and, not sure if I used the grey here, but it’s a 20kg, if I did.

8. Frank says:

Hey been awhile, getting back into using my KB’s again and thought I would try one of your workouts today. Wow that was a good workout, thanks for kicking my butt again.

Hi Frank, hope you’ve been well. Glad to hear you’re getting back into it. Keep up the good work πŸ™‚ Have you been doing other training?

• Frank says:

Yep, been in the weight room mostly. Realized that kettlebells are the best cardio and conditioning exercise I can do, so trying to incorporate them back into my workout routine and avoid the dreaded treadmill.

Good call. Still keep up the weights room though, as it’s still good to vary the training. But the dreadmill LOL – can’t face that thing, I fall for the stair master πŸ˜€ It’s boring, but it involve little thought, and sometimes it’s nice not to think too much!

M

• Frank says:

So where do you get the gray 20 kg kettlebells, they are purple over here(US) and I must admit I would rather buy a gray one instead of a purple one. I am about to upgrade to a heavier bell and want a prograde.

Frank I got them from Wolverson Fitness here in the UK, don’t think they ship to US, only Europe πŸ™ Definitely recommend the pro grade – I never looked back after using them, They feel great to swing, clean and snatch. Let me know what you think when you get yours.

M

9. Phil says:

Marianne: Good routine, i’m actually going to try this today with my 16kg since I missed the gym Friday (traveling). Cool.

10. Danielle says:

Did it and loved it! (as usual) πŸ™‚

11. Katie says:

You are looking very lean at the moment!! Great workout. I always get motivated to workout when I see your videos.. I was wondering if you could publish more recipes that you have been eating lately??
    Thank u!!

Thanks Katie, don’t feel as lean this week, must be my bad eating habits at the minute. Since the move, we have had no fridge for this whole week, so food is bought daily. I will look into showing you more about what I eat soon. Once I get into a new routine here and get a fridge. Tonight we are eating out at our favorite chinese resturant, then wine, chocolate and X-Factor – not the best role model today, but I can’t wait!

12. Bianca says:

well the “new style of orange and pink” is a combination of colours that Yves Saint Laurent appreciated and used a lot in his fashion collections (although his pink was a slightly darker and brighter shade). So you have an Yves Saint Laurent studio, very posh.

I can’t wait to see Melissa’s rotation with your workouts, after completing Miss Boulders’ rotation: it’s going to be so interesting!

Bianca

13. Missy says:

I have a question and sorry if you have explained this before. I know you do a mix of kettlebells and bodyweight exercises but do you make sure that you do not do them two days in a row? I am asking this because I am wondering if it would be harmful for me to do a day of kettlebell training after a day of lifting (strength) at the gym.

It not harmful at all. Most of my KB and BW workout mixes are resistance based rather than strength, so it’s good to mix and match these with your gym-based strength training. This is what I do. As long as you are allowing your body adequate recovery between training days and training types, it’s not harmful. Just go on how you feel – it’s not for me to say what will be right for you, as everyone recovers differently. If you can hardly walk from DOMS, then maybe forgo any workout though πŸ™‚

M