Killer Cardio – Home Workout
I did this workout the other day and I didn’t do my new filming method because I just wanted to get to bed. But I think the exercise are straight forward. Sorry for being a little selfish :/
The focus of this workout is cardiovascular fitness and endurance, so use a moderate weight, we want to aim for max reps without reaching failure too soon. This type of workout is also great for burning fat and adding on the end of a strength workout. It’s also handy when you’re short of time. It’s simple, but effective and straight-forward exercises work best for this type of workout.
Anyway, there are 3 rounds of 6 exercises and the workout lasts 18 minutes in total. I set my Gymboss Interval Timer for 18 cycles of 20 seconds recovery and 40 seconds effort. If you are a beginner, you may use 30/30, intermediates use the same as me (I was tired to I decreased the effort time and increased the rest) or so 15/45, you endurance junkies can do 1 minute effort and play with the rest to suit you own recovery time My endurance needs work
Here are the exercise I did and the reps I managed:
- Kettlebell Vertical Swing Burpee (9, 8, 8)
- Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing (25, 25, 24)
- Side to Side Step Ups (36, 35, 33)
- Full Burpees (14, 12, 11)
- Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing (25, 24, 24)
- “Evil Jumps” (1 rep = 1 dynamic squat + 1 linge jump each side) (10.5, 9, 8.5)
I was so glad I did this after battling with myself about whether to do anything. Thanks to your comments in the “Barriers to Exercising” article, I pushed though my excuses and did something
Right beginner’s modifications (feeling bad about being selfish):
- Those who don’t have a step, instead of Side to side step ups do jumping jacks, body weight squats, or mountain climbers.
- Burpees – do them either without the push up, without the jump, or without both, just jump back into a pressup position, jump into a squat and stand up.
- Evil Jumps – leave out the lunge jumps and just to dynamic squats, just to protect you knees, as lunge jumps done too fast can wobble and risk twisting the knees.
I hope this helps, for the kettlebell exercises refer to the tutorials first and then try with a lighter weight. You will get there, it just take time to practice each exercise. Building a mind-body link really helps, so try and think about what your muscles should be doing and how you should look doing these exercises, the mind can do amazing things and it’s all connected!
So that’s it for today. As you gave probably noticed, the Christmas tree keeps appearing LOL, I did these videos a couple of weeks ago and I am only getting them up now. It’s a slow process, so apologies for that. I am getting there though.
Thank you all for you amazing support for me and each other and I hope we can make this site a real source of encouragement and mutual respect for every one’s level, ability, and goals.
Until tomorrow, Happy Cardio