Standing Band Rotation

Jingle Bells | Kettlebell Circuit Home Workout Routine

Hi all,

Can you believe it is only 1 week until Christmas day?  I am super excited :D I LOVE Christmas and I LOVE working on Christmas Eve night.  Why? Because I get to be Santa and tiptoe through the hospital at 4am with little gifts for all the patients.  Not only that, but I make myself a special beard every year:

This year, Christmas is holding a whole “new” meaning for me. I always knew it was to celebrate the birth of Jesus, and I have always despised the commercialization of it, but this year I look forward to thanking God wholeheartedly for sending His Son to save us.  I never understood this so clearly until this year.

Anyway, I shall now introduce today’s workout.

I wanted a higher level of intensity today, so I performed all 3 rounds in a row and then added a little “accessory” Couplet at the end.

Section 1

Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 21 cycles of 20 seconds rest and 40 seconds effort. Complete 3 total rounds of the following 7 exercises. Today, I did not count my reps:

1. Suitcase Deadlift Burpee
  2. Alternating Swing
  3. Dynamic Push Ups
  4. Skater Hops
  5. Renegade Row
  6. Alternating Single-Leg Hip Thrust (remember to check out my post on proper Hip Thrust Progressions/Regressions)
  7. Bench Jump-Overs

Section 2

Complete 2 rounds of the following two exercises:

1. Standing Band Rotation (right then left) x 12 reps
  2. RKC Plank x as long as possible

That’s it for today.

Keep your eyes peeled for a couple of new things popping up around here! :D

Have a great Workout!

Standing Band Rotation

Tags: , , , , ,

1. TheKirvel says:

This was a great workout, Marianne! Thank you! By the way, I have been wondering a bit about the new comment system. According to the Recent comments-column there should be a couple of comments from you that seem to have disappeared. Perhaps it is something to do with my computer.
    Anyway, I really wish you a merry Christmas and a wonderful new year. You are a great inspiration to so many of us. All the best from Kirsten

2. Steven Brynoff says:

Thank you for not being afraid to say the name ‘Jesus!’ As our society and the world polarizes, we all need to be sure which side we’re on. Blessed Christmas!

3. Emily says:

Thanks Marianne for being bold in your beliefs. You never know whose life you will touch. Fitness and Jesus sometimes don’t tend to go together in the real world. Thank you for showing it most definitely can!

4. chrysta says:

woot woot! awesome. cant wait to hear about the new things that will be showing up. I’ll keep my eyes open!

5. Theresa says:

Kudos to you – you made that workout look easy, but I am sweating bullets over here! Thanks for the great workout :)

6. Frances says:

Good to see you using resistance bands. I started using them when I injured my shoulder. I’ve now incorporated them into my workouts. They are so versatile.

Great workout as usual. I’m also seeing Christmas from a different perspective this year. There is so much misery around this year, so we need to be greatful to God for what we have and not go overboard with all the commercial stuff.

See ya,

Frances.

7. [...] workout! Here is what we did (my SIL’s is in italics), and my reps are in the brackets. Go HERE to see the original work-out with out my modifications in it – and her video tutorial is [...]

8. Margo says:

Hi, Marianne! What exercise can I do to substitute Standing Band Rotation? Thanx:)

9. jay says:

Abdiel really lol damm endocrinologist are right