Interval Training with Kettlebells (hell)!

I thought I would try a workout today with encorporates cardio, resistance and HIIT. And it was intense!! Plus I wanted to use my Gymboss Interval Timer as I knew it would make me push even harder throughout the whole workout.

When you’re doing interval training it doesn’t always have to be with cardio as he point is to have periods of maximum effort followed by periods of recovery. Kettlebells are ideal for this type of training because they provide the best of both worlds.

This workout is 16 minutes long, there are 8 exercises and two sets of each exercise before moving on. 45 secs max effort 15 secs rest. I forgot to write down my reps per exercise, but feel free to so in order to keep track of your progress.

The exercises are:

1. Two-handed Kettlebell Swing
  2. Kettlebell Front Squat
  3. Kettlebell Snatch (right)
  4. Kettlebell Snatch (left)
  5. Kettlebell Alternating Swing
  6. Kettlebell Reverse Lunge (right)
  7. Kettlebell Reverse Lunge (left)
  8. Kettlebell High Rotation

I hope you enjoy this brutal workout.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Lisanios says:

Hi,I started this week the workout.
    I wanted to do internal training this period.
    I have 4 size 10,15,25,30libs and I thing I will use all of them depending the exercise.

2. Teewee says:

Hi marianne,
    I did this workout today, it was tough! I used 20lb for all.
    Two handed swing – 25,25
    Kettlebell front squat – 11,10
    Snatch L – 11,10
    Snatch R – 12,10
    Alternating swing – 23,24
    Kettlebell lunge L – 9,7
    Kettlebell lunge R – 9,9
    Kettlebell high rotation – 10,11
    Thank you!

3. tempest lowe says:

hadn’t done this one in a while,,, i love it, alot

4. tempest says:

Frank, going to try to do your workout, however i’m not sure if i can do some of the moves.Snatches i suck at, no doubt. but i might try it anyway, i haven’t done tabatas after a workout as usually i’m dying anyway

5. Frank says:

LOL! Yeah thanks, so I just noticed that you don’t swing your cleans, you go straight up and straight down. Is that an alternative way of doing them or have I been doing them all wrong?

6. Frank says:

Yeah it is, I rolled over and couldn’t move for like a minute when I was done.

7. Frank says:

I was wondering if I could get your opinion on my workout. I modified your interval workout and made it a circuit with 3 rounds. I use a 30 lb. KB(slightly less than a 14kg) and added a tabata circuit to it. It was a killer workout, but I was wondering if I should add or change something to it. I am trying to lose weight so I want to incorporate more full body exercises and cardio into it. I loved this workout so I wanted to use it as the base for mine. Here it is.
    2H swings 20
    Goblet Squat 10
    RH Snatch 10
    LH Snatch 10
    Alt. Swings 20
    RH Rev. Lunge 8
    LH Rev. Lunge 8
    Overhead Swing 8(I think that is what they are called the ones that you pause as you swing it above your head)
    RH Clean and Press 8
    LH Clean and Press 8

At first I thought it was too easy, but by the time I was done I kind of had a change of heart.

Tabata 20 work 10 rest 2 sets each
    Mt. Climbers
    Pushups with bars
    Squat thrusts(I think you call them half burpee, without the jump)
    Plank climbers

Thanks for your input and the great workout ideas.

Hi Frank, I think this workout is very good! It’s perfect for what you’re trying to achieve. The KB section has a good mixture of strength and cardio exercises. Then the killer Tabata at the end, is additional fat burning. Tabata is a killer isn’t it LOL 😉

8. Frank says:

Hell is right, that kicked my butt, excuse me while I got turn in to a puddle on my shower floor. Thanks keep ’em coming.

9. Tempest Lowe says:

great workout, just completed it in about the same time as you did. some things i could probably heavy up on, but i think i will wait till after a few times