Do you ever get days when you are bursting with energy and just feel like doing an insane conditioning session? I used to get days when I would just go and sprint down the street all out for as long as I could – just because I had the energy and notion to do it – Maybe the title should read “Insanity Rules”! Anyway, these days sprinting hates me, so I have to turn my focus to other types of exercises like good old KBs and BW 🙂 My attention turns to Interval Training at Home.
I was a little short on time today because I had a list of things to get through, so I kept my workout short and sweet.
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 18 cycles of 15 seconds recovery and 45 seconds effort and complete 3 rounds of the following 6 exercises. My reps per exercise and weights used are in brackets:
- Kettlebell Vertical Swing/Pull Burpee (20kg) (13, 12, 10.5)
- Side to Side Step Ups (47, 45, 45)
- Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing (20kg, 20kg, 24kg) (31, 31, 29)
- Burpee (14, 12, 12)
- Renegade Row (2x16kg) (18, 17, 15)
- Weighted Dynamic Squats (6kg, 6kg, 12kg) (28, 25, 19)
EEK, those Weighted Dynamic Squats were tough!
Have fun with this one – it’s a great wee workout!