Healthy Chicken and King Prawn Curry
This recipe is so healthy compared to any curry you’ll find in a packet or jar. And it’s super easy to make. We don’t always have to sacrifice flavour when we’re being healthy, but always remember it can all come down to portion size too. This recipe would provide me with 7 portions, when combining it with rice.
- 500g chicken breast (cubed)
- 200g king prawns (pre cooked)
- 150g chopped onion
- 100g petits pois
- 3-4 mushrooms
- 300g chicken soup
- 150g fat free natural yogurt
- curry powder to taste
- 3tsp cornflour
- Pan fry chicken until sealed
- Add chicken soup, yogurt and curry powder, mix well.
- Now gradually add cornflour until you get desired consistancy
- Simmer for 3 mins
- Add prawns and continue to simmer for futher 2 mins
- Meanwhile pan fry onions and mushrooms for 3-5 mins.
- Add onions, mushrooms and petits pois to the curry and heat for 2 mins.
- Serve with rice, quinoa, sweet potato or salad
Nutritional Information (per single portion, without a side)
Alter portion as needed to take into account what you eat with it. For example, my 50g portion of rice would come to 175kcal, so the total meal provides 357 kcals. Remember however that I am eating 5-6 small meals per day. This is only a guide based on what works for me.