Today I’ve decided to share my gym workout with you. I am always saying how variety with exercise is a good thing, so although my home workouts are very effective, I also like to lift heavier weights and do pull-ups and leg raises etc about once a week. I have no equipment at home for these exercises, so I have to go to the gym. Plus it’s a change of scenery which is also refreshing.
The main focus is usually legs because I want to get a really shapely bum and thighs, so the squats, sumo deadlifts and single-leg deadlifts are great for this. So too are pistols (when I get round to doing them).
I am delighted because I achieved a personal best with my sumo deadlift. I managed 2 reps with 90kg!
I have also been building up my strength with pull-ups and tricep dips. These exercises are very challenging, but very effective for building strength and sculpting nice shapely arms, back, and shoulders. I want to be able to do 10 pull-ups in a row – well I’m nearly half way there
Following my workout I had a protein shake, stretched and ran for 20 mins on the treadmill. I then stretched again and went home. I know I will be sore tomorrow mostly due to the sumo deadlift lol!
My gym session went as follows:
- Barbell Squats – 30kg (15 reps), 35kg (12 reps), 40kg (8 reps)
- Sumo Deadlifts – 50kg (12 reps), 60kg (10 reps), 70kg (8 reps), 80kg (6 reps, 90kg (2 reps)
- Single Leg Deadlifts – 20kg (10 reps), 25kg (8 reps), 30kg (6 reps)
- Close-grip Pull-ups (unassisted) – 4.8 reps (so close to 5 ), 3 reps, 3 reps
- Triceps Dips (unassisted) – 8 reps, 5 reps, 5 reps
- Hanging Knee Raises – 12 reps, 12 reps, 12 reps
- Hanging Oblique Knee Raises – 12 reps (total), 12 reps (total), 8 reps (total)
- 20 minute run
I was in the gym for about 90 minutes or so. I normally like to keep the weights session to 45 minutes, then allowing for warm-up, stretching and the run, it adds up. There’s no benefit to spending longer as the muscles fatigue and run out of fuel. Plus over training then leads to injury.
I just hope I can walk tomorrow lol
See you next time
MarianneTags: bum, buns, chin ups, deadlifts, firm buns, firm legs, fitness, glutes, gym, gym bunny firm buns, lifting weights, pull ups, squats, tricep dips, weight, weight loss, workout, workout videos