Good Day at the Gym | Front Squats, RDLs, Hip Thrusts and Military Press
The weather here this week is unreal! Sun is out, bikini has been aired and time to soak up some rays! But, of course I still find time to train
From time to time I like to show a little example of my gym training. It generally never varies too much, as I am always just trying to get better at the moves, lift more weight, or spice things up with higher rep work. Yesterday I had a great session training, after a few weeks of the “SI issue” annoying me and affecting the level at which I normally train. It was a little sore during this workout but it was sore all night at work – I knew it wasn’t the workout that was hurting it – so I just got on with it. I feel 10 times better today and have NO pain (thank God)!
After a few warm up sets of the exercises I kept the reps fairly low in everything and focused on maintaining good form.
After warm-up sets:
- Front Squat: Set 1 – 3: 45kg x 5 reps, Set 4: 50kg x 5 reps, Set 5: 50kg x 3 reps – these were tough!
- RDL: Sets 1-3: 55kg x 5 – 8 reps, Set 4: 70kg x 5 reps, Set 5: 80kg x 4 reps (still working on my technique here)
- Glute Bridges: Set 1&2: 90kg x 12 reps (then thought Hip Thrusts would be better)
- Hip Thrusts: Set 3&4: 60kg x 10 reps, Set 5: 80kg x 8 reps – evil!
- Military Press (between sets of Hip Thrusts): Set 1: 25kg x 10 reps, Set 2, 27.5kg x 7 reps, Set 3: 30kg x 5 reps (got really tired on these).
Then I slept nearly the whole day … outside in the sun! I was so tired.
Anyway, this was just a quick gym update because I haven’t done one in a while.
Hope you are all having a great week.
I’ll be back soon with more *hint – New Workout*