I have limited time today to type up my workout, so I need to get straight to the point
It’s a brutal body weight workout with 10 exercises. To increase the challenge I increase the effort period to 1 minute and the recovery to 25 seconds! You have to try this workout, it was GREAT! 25 second might seem like too long to some, but believe me when I say, you will benefit from a proper recovery as you will be more likely to put all your effort into the next interval and so on. No point in reaching failure too soon.
Below is a list of the exercises and my reps (in brackets). Also in brackets is the type of exercise : cardio (c), resistance (r), strength (s), core activating exercise (cae), plyometric (p) or stabilising (st).
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 20 cycles of 25 seconds recovery and 1 min effort. Try to maintain a pace that you will last the entire minute. Max effort is not necessarily the speed, but it could be the reps, or the endurance you put into play, as this also take max effort – for me anyway. The sweat was pouring off me. Here are the exercises:
- Squat – Reverse Lunge and Kick Combo (right) (r,st,c,cae) (16,18)
- Squat – Reverse Lunge and Kick Combo (left) (r,st,c,cae) (15,18)
- Push Up – Squat Thrust – Diagonal Knee Tuck Combo (s,r,c,cae) (13,11)
- High, Side Step Up (right) (c,r,st,cae) (26,23)
- High, Side Step Up (left) (c,r,st,cae) (25,23)
- Bench Jump Overs (c,cae) (60,52)
- Two Sumo Squat Jump Burpee Combo (c,r,p,cae) (12 1/2, 10)
- Elevated Plank Climber (s,r,cae, and a little c)
- Evil Jumps (c,p,r) (19,15)
- Mountain Climbers (c,cae) (84,75)
This is one of my favorite workouts lately as it really push me and I got a great buzz from it. I hope you all enjoy it as much as me, and will let me know what you think.
For those of you who have been waiting patiently for my cool down video, I finally filmed it after this workout and I will post it later in the week, so tune in again for that one.
Until next time, take care.
MarianneTags: body weight, burn fat, fat loss, fitness, full body, gymboss, high intensity interval training, HIIT, interval timer, interval training, sweat attack, weight loss