Since I last spoke to you I have been invited to become a YouTube Partner, so I have now customised my channel to look like a mini site. If you haven’t seen it yet, then click here, or, on the new YouTube social icon at the top right corner on my blog, which will take you directly to my channel. If you are a member on YouTube, then feel free to subscribe to my channel 😉
Things are hectic here this week, so today’s workout is one I actually did last week. I like to have a surplus of videos and workouts to share, just in case life gets in the way of my usual schedule 🙂
This workout is in 2 sections, 50% Kettlebells and 50% Body Weight. Each section is made up of 5 exercises and the aim is to complete 2 rounds of each.
This workout is also interval training so I set my Gymboss Interval Timer for 20 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 seconds effort. I recorded my reps per exercise (in brackets), and have also indicated whether an exercise is cardio (c), resistance (r), strength (s) or a core activating exercise (cae) (also in brackets). The exercises are:
- KB Suitcase/Dead Lift into Squat Thrust (c,r,cae) (13,12)
- Double KB Military Press (s,r,cae) (13, 11)
- KB Renegade Row (s,r,cae) (16,14)
- Two-Handed KB Swing (c,r,cae) (30,31)
- KB Vertical Swing (r,c) (16,13)
- Evil Jumps (c) (13,14)
- Push Up into Squat Thrust or 1/2 burpee (s,r,c,cae) (17, 15 1/2 )
- Reverse Lunge with Kick Up (right) (r,c,cae) (18,17)
- Reverse Lunge with Kick Up (left) (r,c,cae) (19,17)
- Plank Climber (r,cae,c and a little s) (17,16)
A great interval workout, because it was straight forward for me to get on with it and not worry about changing camera positions in between intervals. AND because you have a great body weight section, those who don’t have kettlebells (yet) can do 4 rounds of the body weight exercises and still get a great workout.
Anyway, I must love ya and leave you for now, but I hope to be back soon with a new workout. In the meantime, let me know your thoughts on this one, and good luck.