I am glad to be back after taking a couple of days off. Today’s workout is interval training and is great for both strength and burning fat. And there is a nice mixture of bodyweight and kettlebell exercises.
This workout lasts only 20 minutes and you should put your maximum into it, to get maximum result from it. No excuses, this is a new week and, if like me you over-indulged at the weekend, then it’s time to pay your penance for your sins 😀 LOL
There are 4 rounds of 5 exercises. I set my Gymboss Interval Timer for 20 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 seconds max effort. The exercises are listed below along with the number of reps I managed per exercise.
- Dynamic Squat into Lunge Jumps (one dynamic squat and one lunge jump on each leg is one rep) 15 – 15 – 13 – 11
- Reptile Push Ups (each press is one rep) 18 – 16 – 13 – 15
- KB Deadlift Thrusters 12 – 10 – 10 – 9
- KB Renegade Rows (each row is one rep) 15 – 13 – 10 – 9
- KB Alternating Swings 26 – 27 – 24 – 25
Now keep repeating until the timer stops. I used 2x 16kg for the deadlift thrusters, 2x 12kg for the renegade rows and a 16kg for the alternating swings.
I hope you all enjoy this workout, it was a killer! Let me know your results to compare and motivate each other 🙂