Fighting the Fat – Killer Full Body Workout

I am glad to be back after taking a couple of days off. Today’s workout is interval training and is great for both strength and burning fat. And there is a nice mixture of bodyweight and kettlebell exercises.

This workout lasts only 20 minutes and you should put your maximum into it, to get maximum result from it. No excuses, this is a new week and, if like me you over-indulged at the weekend, then it’s time to pay your penance for your sins πŸ˜€ LOL

There are 4 rounds of 5 exercises. I set my Gymboss Interval Timer for 20 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 seconds max effort. The exercises are listed below along with the number of reps I managed per exercise.

1. Dynamic Squat into Lunge Jumps (one dynamic squat and one lunge jump on each leg is one rep) 15 – 15 – 13 – 11
  2. Reptile Push Ups (each press is one rep) 18 – 16 – 13 – 15
  3. KB Deadlift Thrusters 12 – 10 – 10 – 9
  4. KB Renegade Rows (each row is one rep) 15 – 13 – 10 – 9
  5. KB Alternating Swings 26 – 27 – 24 – 25

Now keep repeating until the timer stops.Β  I used 2x 16kg for the deadlift thrusters, 2x 12kg for the renegade rows and a 16kg for the alternating swings.

I hope you all enjoy this workout, it was a killer! Let me know your results to compare and motivateΒ  each other πŸ™‚

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Silvia Warline says:

I am very interested in starting this program. Should I do it 7 days a week?

Respectfully,

Silvia

I wouldn’t advise training 7 days per week, especially at high intensity. You need to rest too. I would advise 3-5 times per week with at least 2 days off πŸ™‚

2. Kellie from WY (USA) says:

Hi Marianne! I just found your blog a few days ago and have been trying out your workouts and LOVE THEM! I’ve been practicing KBs for about a year and a half and needed a refreshing shake up to my routines. Thank you so much for your time and effort in posting these!

Hi Kellie from WY πŸ˜€ Great to have you here! I’m excited that you have found my routines fun! I’m looking forward to putting together a new one! Stay tuned!

3. Danielle says:

Hi Marianne, I did the above workout today. I made a mistake and instead of doing 4 rounds, I did 5 rounds..I was totally kapputt! Still not managing to count the reps and to do the workout at the same time, but I will try to put down my results next time. I enjoyed it very much and ended up totally wet! Today I also started the IF method. I ate my first meal at 5pm and surprisingly I was not feeling hungry and feeling very energetic! Maybe it is due to the fact tht I ate a lot yesterday..Tomorrow an other day of If…very curious to see how it turns out. Thnk you for sharing your workouts with us! Like them very much! greetings from a rainy city πŸ™‚

Oh yes this one was tough. Glad you enjoyed it πŸ™‚ I find that I have more energy and I am stronger while I am fasting, odd but true. Hope it stays easy for you to do.

No rain here today, but it’s never that far away LOL

M

PS Danielle, I accidently deleted your comment on my new post πŸ™ Sorry! For some reason it went into my SPAM inbox, and I realised too late to rescue it.

4. tempest lowe says:

Hey todays video seems to be working ok on youtube. yea looks killer, going for it tomorrow