Today, after a heavy leg workout in the gym, I decided to do an “add on” workout to supplement my training. As training abs burns very few calories, it’s best to include these exercises in addition to other training, whether that be heavy resistance or cardio. I have also added a Tabata Interval workout along with the abs. The purpose of this is to burn fat, which we know Tabata does. Burning fat this way will help strip away that pesky layer of fat that covers the abs.
I completed 2 rounds of the following exercises:
- KB Slingshots x 30 reps each direction ( total 60 reps)
- KB Single Arm Planks x 60 seconds (switching hands half way through)
- KB 1/2 TGUs x 12 reps (each side)
- KB L-Crunches x 15 reps
- KB Leg Raises x 15 reps
Now repeat. You may want to repeat more than once if it’s your preference, but I only did 2 rounds.
I then set my Gymboss Interval Timer for 8 cycles of 10 seconds rest and 20 seconds MAX effort. The following exercises make up the Tabata:
- 2-Handed KB Swings (16kg)
- Double KB Swings (2 x 12kg)
- Dynamic Squats x 2 sets
- KB Snatch (right and left) ( using 12kg )
- Single Arm KB Swings (right and left) (using 12kg )
I found the Tabata difficult, but I probably could’ve pushed myself harder by increasing the weight to 16kg in the Slingshots, Snatches and Single Arm Swings. Or, I could’ve repeated the Tabata for that extra burn LOL, but lunch was waiting 😉
Until next time, keep motivated.