On account of the BEAUTIFUL weather here, I wanted to do something outside. What started as me going to practice some new Kettlebell exercises turned into an Exercise, Fitness, Workout Playground LOL! Practically all of my equipment made a journey out to my back garden and it turned into a proper workout.
Also, because today is also a beautiful one, I am going to be brief, as I want to enjoy the sunshine before I go back to work tonight 🙁 boo!
Now on with the workout. Sorry i advance for the poor sound level on the video. There was some sort of building work going on across the road and it would’ve been very annoying on video, so I turned the mic down. Was thinking about adding some music, but I wouldn’t get any revenue from that video then on YouTube and, while I will never make a fortune, every little helps – in keeping this all going 🙂
The first section is based on set reps and the second is Tabata.
Complete 3 rounds of the following:
- Heavy High Deficit Reverse Lunge (right) x 5 reps (I used 20kg or 24 kg)
- Heavy High Deficit Reverse Lunge (left) x 5 reps (I used 20kg or 24 kg)
- Pull Ups x 3 – 5 reps (eek these were tough)
- Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing x 15 reps (using 24kg)
- Clapping Push Ups x 5 reps
- Single-Leg Hip Thrust (right) x 15 reps
- Single-Leg Hip Thrust (left) x 15 reps
- Heavy Kettlebell Jerk (right) x 5 reps (20kg)
- Heavy Kettlebell Jerk (left) x 5 reps (20kg)
Now for the Tabata, set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 8 cycles of 10 second rest and 20 seconds MAX effort and complete 2 rounds of the following 4 exercises:
- Jump Rope (High Knees)
- Burpees (minus Push Up)
- Side to Side Step Ups
- Dynamic Squats
I really enjoyed this workout as I got to practice some strength work, some skill work with the Jerks and, then some calorie burning (need to after all the big feeds I been having, and it kind of shows – ah well). So all in all, this workout is great for everything except endurance (which suits me haha).
Exercise, Fitness and Workout Playground is a great mix of kettlebell and body weight strength and conditioning training with the added torture of fat-burning tabata. Let me know what you think of this workout, if you dare to try it (evil laugh).