Double Black Jack Body Blast – Full Body Workout

get Hi everyone,

http://popyentradas.com/essay-writing-for-college-students/ With the Easter weekend behind us, I wonder am I the only one feeling a little bloated and guilty about all the culinary pleasures :-/ Even though I understand that any over-eating I do is on the rare occasion, I do still suffer from guilt. Because of this I am setting myself a goal this week to be extra good with my diet – ie minimal chocolate and wine, and only a extra treat at the weekend (Chinese food).Β  On top of being better with my diet, I thought I would start the week with a longer workout, just to burn of a few of the Lindt Chocolate Bunnies πŸ˜€

go to link I was searching through older workouts and I found the Black Jack Body Blast from last September – it was a great 21 minute body weight workout.Β  But reviewing the exercises I decided it could be more balanced and I could include some strength, mobility and posterior chain work – so I designed an additional section to start the workout with.

http://joannjansen.com/osu-creative-writing/ Both sections have 3 rounds of 7 exercises, but section one is NOT interval training, the exercises are performed to either set times or set reps.Β  You can choose to progress the weight you use in each round also.

research proposal on corporate social responsibility In the Video I show round 1 and 3 or each section – as to show all 3 rounds makes the video too long and boring and, it takes me longer to edit.

pay someone to write my paper enter site Workout Breakdown

go

Section 1

Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for one manual interval of either 30, 45 or up to 60 seconds – this will be your count down for the timed exercises. I used 45 seconds for mine. Try not to hang about too long in between exercises as you do still want a good level of intensity.

There is a reason behind the order of the exercises below, as it begins to “open” up the hips by stretching out the hip flexors, activating the glutes thus increasing your range of movement for hip extension exercises, such as the 2-handed swing, the hip thrust/glute bridge and even deadlifts, if you chose to add them in too.

Complete 3 rounds of the following 7 exercises – remember you can swap the pull ups for more rows, and the single leg hip thrusts for doubles or glute bridges (from the floor). My reps are in brackets:

1. Alternating High Deficit Reverse Lunge (progressing the weight if possible) x 45 seconds (BW – 16, 12kg – 15, 16kg – 14)
  2. Bird Dog x 45 seconds
  3. Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing x 45 seconds (Round 1 with 16kg, 2 & 3 with 20kg) (32, 27, 27)
  4. Pull Ups (4, 4, 4)
  5. Single-Leg Hip Thrust (right) (15, 13, 12)
  6. Single-Leg Hip Thrust (left) (15, 12, 12)
  7. Renegade Row (Rounds 1 &2- 2 x 14kg, R3 – 2 x 16kg) (17, 16, 14)

Section 2

The last time I set my timer for 20 seconds rest and 40 seconds effort, so I decided to keep it the same, as I want to measure progress. But feel free to increase or decrease the intervals to challenge yourself – I can tell you that I was still challenged by these exercises and intervals, but I did beat my numbers, despite being pre-exhausted by section 1.

I set my timer for 21 cycles of 20/40 and completed 3 rounds of the following 7 exercises. See my numbers in brackets:

1. Burpees (no push up) (24, 22, 21)
  2. Plank Climber (24, 23, 21)
  3. Squat Tap Tap (21, 21, 20)
  4. Reptile Push Up (20, 18, 17)
  5. Side Squat (right) (26, 25, 26)
  6. Side Squat (left) (26, 26, 25)
  7. Mountain Climbers (WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT) (101, 92, 88) – still hate them tho!

This was a very enjoyable workout today, I am so glad that I included the first section, because section 2 alone wouldn’t have been enough for me to feel like I burned off any chocolate bunnies πŸ˜‰

I hope you all enjoy it as much as me.

Now, I have a little announcement to make.Β  At the end of May, I will be moving house AGAIN! This time I will be moving back to live with my mum for a few months while my NEW home is built.Β  Yes, I have decided to get onto the property ladder and set some roots down.Β  At my mum’s, there is a garage to do my workouts in, but my new home will be a lot smaller, so I will have to think ahead and find a new venue to continue myomytv’s workouts and videos.Β  This is a big deal for me, as I can’t believe I am actually in a position to buy a home, even if it’s a small one πŸ™‚

Talk to you all soon.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Amanda says:

Daaang, your reptile pushups look GOOD!

2. gryer says:

Another day, another set of pullups! That’s three days of pullups in a row, and I am wearing out. Its a good thing that they were only a small part of this workout, and I needed the leg part!

I. 1. Alt high deficit lunges BW x 18, 12 Kg x 15, 16 Kg x 11 (1st time for this weight)
    2. Bird dog 45 sec. 23, 23, 22
    3. Swings 45 sec 16 Kg x 23, 20 Kg x 23, 22
    4. Pullups 4, 4, 4 (I was just hammered)
    5. Single leg hip thrusts 45 sec. , Right (foot raised, body not raised) 25, 24, 25
    6. Hip thrust 45 sec – Left 25, 24, 25 (it took till 20 to get any burn!)
    7. Renegade rows 45 sec (2 x 12 Kg) 16, 18, 18 (need to go up in weight, but don’t have heavier pairs)

20/40 rest to work:
    II 1. 1/2 burpee 16, 16, 15
    2. plank climber 17, 17.5, 16
    3. Squat tap tap 22, 22, 21
    4. Reptile pushup 20, 19, 20 (hard!)
    5. Side Squat Right 17, 16, 16
    6. Side squat left 16, 16, 16 (went for form and depth)
    7. Mtn climbers 95, 87, 97

The weighted part of the workout really irritated my sciatic nerve on the right, and it bothered me the whole time, but the pain went away on the body weight portion. I did lots of stretching just in case, since I don’t want to be plagued with this pain later in the day.

I should have gone up in weight or difficulty on the hip thrusts, and up in weight on the renegade rows — I think I have done them with differing weights before. I was surprised I could do any lunges with 16 Kg, though the numbers were low– I was really careful not to twist something.

Boy those reptile pushups are hard — its amazing what raising one leg will do to the difficulty. My form deteriorated as I progressed on those.

All in all, I was pretty happy — I feel as though I am accomplishing more on workouts that focus on the lower body. Now I need a day off from pullups, as my numbers have gone down each day on those.

Marianne, you always seem to know just how hard to push and when to let up! This was just demanding enough to be challenging, but not enough to make me ill or quit! LOL

~ Gillian

Sorry to hear that your sciatic pain was flaring up, there’s nothing more frustrating than chronic pain. Though, you don’t seem to let it control you too much. I do however understand how it feels to be trying to train with pain πŸ™

Sorry about all the pull ups, I guess I am trying to work towards my goal of 10, and am trying my best to get as much practice. But it does affect your numbers when you are working to max. That’s why I let up this time. Reptiles are pretty tough, as the rounds go on, the reps get slower – really hits the core too!

3. Rashelle says:

Hi, Congrats on your new home! So exciting! Owning your own home is such a great feeling, I am so happy for you:)

I definitley indulged too much in the chocolate, wine and treats over the weekend and through out the week. I find it so hard to say no to temptation when its around the house! Hopefully this workout will get me back on track:)

I made a mistake when I copy&pasted this workout from your site so I ended up doing the last section first and first section last….oops! Here are my numbers:

Burpees (no push up)(17, 15, 13)-not sure why my #’s were so low:(
    Plank Climber (23, 21, 21)
    Squat Tap Tap (24, 22, 23)
    Push Up (17, 18, 17)
    Lunge back & kick up front(right) (18, 19, 18)
    Lunge back & kick up front(left) (19, 20, 18)
    Mountain Climbers (113, 90, 102)

2 min break then:

Reverse Lunge x 45 seconds ( 16kg – 17,18,17)
    Bird Dog x 45 seconds
    Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing x 45 seconds ( 16kg-29,29 20kg-27)
    Pull Ups (2,2,2)
    DBL Hip thrust (10,10,10) (I have pain in my right glute&hamsting so I took it easy on these)
    Renegade Row (12+14kg) (17, 16, 17)

Thought I could have done better on the first section considering I completed it first. I have been having differnt aches and pains in my body latley so I may take a couple days rest and see if that helps. Great overall workout, left me in a heap of sweat:) Thanks!

Thanks Rashelle πŸ™‚ You got it even harder with this workout the other way round, so well done for doing it!

Hope your pains get better. A rest will do you good. Least you got a good workout in before you stop.

4. Cynthia says:

Great workout! I am just loving your site, thanks for all the amazing training πŸ™‚

5. Melissa says:

Great workout! I found the reptile push pretty hard too, new for me πŸ™‚

Ha Ha you wouldn’t be able to complain much since it would be your workouts. πŸ™‚ Eco Village sounds fantastic. yeah for new beginnings.

Wow I am impressed by the mountain climbers.
    I will try this workout as soon as my bum is better from today’s run and yesterdays hip thrusts.
    Congrats on the new home, that is one of my dreams, a little house all of my own.

Thanks Mickela – don’t know what happened with the mountain climbers, mabe it was the shorter interval, meant I could go faster!

It is a ground floor apartment in Northern Ireland’s First Eco Village – it has a wee garden for the cats and plenty of room for me. Just hope that you aren’t living above me πŸ˜‰ with all those workouts πŸ˜›

8. Criostiona says:

Congrats Marianne getting on the property ladder.. nothing ventured nothing gained! I bet theres nothing more satisfying than knowing a home is truly ur own!! very envious lol I’ll get there some day πŸ™‚

And totally with you on the chocolate, I’ve never been a chocolate person until about 2months, since then its hard to not have a square of lindt dark chocolate or something sweet! Its a killer! Woke this morning with the intention of being good, boyfriend had left his massive dairy milk egg in the kitchen, i mean a massive thick gorgeous chocolatly egg lol… so I opted for most of it for breakfast-turns out 1/4 of it alone is 400kcals, I had slightly over half lol ( in fairness i wasnt aware of this while I ate it lol) so i had to go for a run to lessen the damage!lol!

Very hard to be nutritionally ‘clean’!! think that’s more of a struggle than the activity part!

LOL, I’ve been there with the chocolate breakfast πŸ˜‰ I was never a chocolate person either until the last couple of years and I’d rather have it than sweets. I used to be addicted to Candy Floss – like it was unreal.Once I ate 10 bags in one day… any wonder I became a bit chubby :/ eek!!

I’m sure your easter egg breakfast has made little difference to your goal, if anything it will make you more motivated – there’s the silver-lining πŸ˜€

9. Mary says:

Looking forward to this workout, Marianne. And congratulations on the purchase of your new home. Not too many people are able to do that, so you must be proud of yourself. Good for you!!

10. Emma says:

This looks like a great workout. I do remember Blackjack – it was one of the first workouts I did on Myomytv. I think there must be something in the water as I went back and tried some workouts from around the same time over the weekend (Fat Loss Frenzy and Whip Me into Shape). It was a great motivator to finally do these workouts without modifications and extra breaks, as well as compare scores and weights. They were still quite tough though! Have you ever thought about revisiting any of your really early Myomytv workouts – maybe even your first one? That would be interesting to see.

That’s such good news about your new flat btw. It’s a bit nerve-wracking making the big leap onto the property ladder, but once you’re all settled you’ll never look back πŸ™‚

Anyway, I better go and burn off some of those Easter choccies. The downside of doing all those old workouts is I’m now behind with the new ones!

Take care,

Emma

Don’t worry Emma, you’ll catch up – I’m a little slower at updates these days :/

Yeah, I cringingly watched my first video today actually and boy have I come far! Big Time – everyone should watch that video to see the difference a year can make! So, I might give that one another go, just out of interest. It will even illustrate how much better my design skills and knowledge have come, because I can pick holes in a lot of my older workouts.

Thanks for your encouraging comment πŸ™‚