Crazy Kettlebell Sweat-Bath

When I first got up this morning I was feeling so tired and didn’t really feel very motivated. I went on to the computer to check my comments and messages here and on Youtube and my day turned around! I was delighted to see several really lovely comments and positive feedback about my site and my workouts. It gave me so much motivation to do a really good workout, which I think I did 🙂

So thank you to everyone for your support and encouragement. A special thank you to Melissa, from FitMiss.TV (aka BareFootWarrior on YouTube) for your great workouts and positivity. It is very inspiring when you come across genuine, like-minded people.

Now onto today’s workout. I completed 2 rounds of the following 8 exercises:

1. Kettlebell Goblet/Front Squat into Alternating Reverse Lunges x 16 reps (total)
  2. Kettlebell Overhead Swing into Rotation x 12 reps (each 1 swing and 2 rotations counts as 1 rep)
  3. Single-Leg Deadlift Hold with Single Arm Kettlebell Row (right) x 12 reps
  4. Single-Leg Deadlift Hold with Single Arm Kettlebell Row (left) x 12 reps
  5. Double Kettlebell Chest Press x 12 reps
  6. Kettlebell Bear Crawl/walk x 16 steps
  7. Double Kettlebell Sumo Deadlift x 15 reps
  8. Double Kettlebell Snatch (reverting to single snatch as needed) x 8 reps double, and up to 15 reps single.

I then set my Gymboss Interval Timer for the usual 8 cycles of 10 seconds rest and 20 seconds MAX effort for Tabata training at the end.  The exercises for this were:

1. Push-ups with Knee Tucks (2 sets)
  2. Prisoner Squats (2 sets)
  3. Kettlebell High-Pulls (set 1 right, set 2 left)
  4. Dynamic Squats (my favorite, 2 sets to finish)

I was drenched in sweat (hence the workout name) and I was really happy I was able to do a few double snatches with the 12kg. I will have to keep practicing, but you have to start somewhere with these things.  I also added the Bear Crawl as it was suggested by Rich from Youtube, so thanks for that challenge, really tough core exercise!

I will be back soon with more.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Maria in Texas says:

Just found your website and had to try this workout. I was able to go 2 rounds with the Kettlebells. The KB Bearcrawl the second time around just about finished me. I did my Tabata with a 30′ rope then I was spent. Thanks for the workouts and love your site.

2. Heather says:

Well Marianne

I tried this one yesterday and my upperbody is sore today! I got a new kettlebell that is 16Kg this weekend and I was trying to use it for some of the moves but I had to switch back to my lighter on which is only 8Kg. I need to get the one in the middle. It was a great workout and the bear crawls were cool but I had to use dumbells that didn’t require as much stabilization.
    Thanks so much for the sweatfest. Odd thing to say isn’t it!

Being that you have given so much of your fitness routines to us and you have said that you are into running. I wanted to suggest Cardio Coach as a running trainer http://www.cardiocoach.com/. I put it on my ipod and it runs you through intervals based on heart rate or perceived exertion. It makes running more fun, seem shorter and has greatly improved my speed and endurance. Just a suggestion but something that I have added to my weekly runs.

BTW My Dh and I were also very glad to know that his AS symptoms were actually something and not in his head too. We are working on getting him the next stage of drugs but we don’t have a drug plan right now and are both self employed so we need to get that started first! Thanks for the advice, he is trying to keep moving despite the pain.

Thanks again for all your workouts!

Hi Heather,

That’s great you’re challenging yourself to a 16kg KB, will have to up my game LOL! I keep threatening to bring mine out again, but we’ll see.

Will definitely check out the link, thanks. The running doesn’t come naturally to me unfortunately as I have always preferred sprints and short bursts of exercise, hense the Tabata being a recurring theme 🙂 But I think a little running will be good for my fitness.

I hope you get the next stage of the drug regime sorted soon, it can be a frustrating journey.

Thanks again for your support 🙂

3. Tempest Lowe says:

Ok am i crazy? I watched this video a second time , and i was wondering on the second time around on the front squat into alternating reverse lunges, i swear you have two bells, and the first set was the goblet with one bell. am i wrong?

Hey, No you’re not crazy, I did switch to 2 KBs on the second round to challenge myself even more! In the description I say goblet/front squat. I like to apply the same principle to these workouts as my weight training as in uping the weight each set. Or at least when I can. 🙂

4. Tempest Lowe says:

I believe i am going to purchase one of these gymboss timers, however i would like to know how hard it is to set this up for first time use, and there after. i’m not real good with timers , stopwatches and such.

5. Tempest Lowe says:

Looks like a hard workout for sure. what exactly does the bear/crawl

work specifically

6. GrapeWine says:

Looks hard as hell!))))
    Marianne, can you please place total time for workout in the future? Looking forward to cardio/bodyweight workouts. Your are great.

Hey, I keep forgetting to time the workouts, but I will in future. I think it took about 30 minutes including the Tabata. All my workouts tend to be about 20-30 minutes, purely for handiness. Will use my stop watch next time. I’ll be devising a new bodyweight workout soon too 🙂

Thanks