I am glad to be back with a new workout and what a great day it was too! Yesterday I had great day of adventure and explored around some of the caves and beaches in a place called Island Magee. This place holds many memories for me as my dad’s family are from there and my family spent many a Sunday afternoon down at the beach or getting Ice-Cream at the famous “Rhinka” – best ice-cream ever!!
So I was glad I had a day of fun yesterday, because I am doing some odd shifts the rest of the week to make up for me going to Dublin this weekend to the IKFF Workshops, with Steve Cotter 😀 😀 😀 Can’t wait!!
Here some pictures from yesterday.
What beautiful weather! Then I went to a BBQ and had an amazing night, with great company and the most delicious Venison and Cider – odd combo I know 😉
I felt like a conditioning challenge today as I need to work on my overall fitness again. Because I am no longer attending the classes, I need to maintain my condition as it can easily start to slip and I am happy with the way I look and feel right now, so just need to keep it that way.
However, this is a great workout for anyone wanting to lose fat, build strength and work on stability, mobility and co-ordination.
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 24 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 seconds effort and complete 3 rounds of the following 8 exercises. My reps and weight are noted in brackets:
- Kettlebell Vertical Swing Burpee (20kg) (11, 10, 9.5)
- Plank Climber (24, 25, 23)
- Contralateral Reverse Lunge (left leg) (round 1 – 16kg, rounds 2&3 – 20kg) (16, 13, 12)
- Contralateral Reverse Lunge (right leg) (as above)
- Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing (20kg) (30, 30, 29)
- Renegade Rows (2 x 16kg) (19, 17, 14) (was getting way too hot)
- Stand-Kneel-Stand (left) (round 1 – 16kg then 20kg) (16, 13, 11)
- Stand-Kneel-Stand (right) (round 1 – 16kg then 20kg) (16, 14, 11)
This was really tough today, maybe it was the cider last night, but I was toast!
- Break up the rounds and adjust the interval times to suit your fitness level. For example: 30/30 or 20/40
- If the vertical swing burpee is too difficult then just do the vertical swing on its own
- Try Body Weight Reverse Lunges instead of the weighted ones
- Bent over rows instead of renegade rows
- You can try stand-kneel-stands with Body Weight only, or a lighter weight.
I hope to be back with a workout before I go to Dublin, then hopefully I will get some footage from the workshops if Steve doesn’t mind. I can’t believe I am getting to meet Steve Cotter!!! 😛
Until next time, take care.
PS – thank you everyone for your amazing responses to my last post “Seeing the Silver Lining“, it was very much appreciated and I know we have helped each other on that one 😀