Another photo by Derek Christie :)

Comeback Workout 2014 – Preserving Movement

I am publicly blaming my hubby for the delay on my Pain article – he’s away with the Prince on the Swiss Alps enjoying some ski time while am awaiting my Visa – STILL!

Some announcements first:

The relaunch of myomytv is happening in the next 2 weeks (all being well) and i am so excited that it’s nearly here!!

When the new site launches, i will offer exclusive material for any of you who sign up for my email list.  It will be free of charge, and you will be the first to receive great offers for my coaching services and webinars (the webinars are a future scheme where i can give you more focused teaching).  So if you are looking for some great tutorials down the road, please sign up for the email because you won’t get it on the site.

A few months ago, i talked about having a more generic program or a membership area. To be honest, i realised that this isn’t something  I will be able to do.  It’s easy to see what others are doing and feel you should do something similar, but i see people like Kellie Davis, Girls Gone Strong, Rog Law and Nia Shanks doing awesome jobs at these things already.  And i always said i would support and promote *quality* fitness pros who do a GREAT job.  So i am happy to help point you in the direction of some amazing “generic” pre-made programs. There is great value in programs like these, especially when the coach provides great coached tutorials and on-going support, which these colleagues do.  What fits with my personality is what is right for myomytv.

My personal passion is in teaching topics or working with you as an individual. I always loved one-to-one coaching (and one-to-one nursing, too).   This is one of the reasons why i have decided to specialise in working with you from where you are: One-to-one online coaching is more personal and you get to share your every success with someone (moi) who knows your program inside out. It really is a privilege to be trusted to give you support and coaching along the way.  As one of my personal clients, you will have access to material seen by nobody else as i will share extras in my client “lounge” for you all to enjoy while we work together. However, i will be thinking of new ways to help everyone out as best as i can by offering a range of services to suit your needs and finances – so please look for my email sign-up to get stuff that won’t be on the main site.

Before i talk about today’s workout, i have a couple of other announcements: I unfortunately had to leave Get Glutes behind.  It was such a tough decision to make, and i am so grateful to have been a part of such an awesome team of coaches and an inspiring family of members, but i was carrying too much as i entered this new chapter in my life: getting married, moving countries and re-launching myomytv.  What an amazing year 2013 was! And a big thank you to Bret and Kellie for believing in me as part of the GG team!  It’s kind of scary when you realise you are going solo again!  But with the full support of my wonderful husband :)  I couldn’t be more grateful for him.

I think it’s safe to say that myomytv is a bit different from other fitness blogs.  I just love training, but i can’t help delve deeper into life and share what i find.  With that in mind, i would encourage you to sign up to both groups of emails i will be offering in a couple of weeks: I will have the general content which is focused on the fitness side of things and then, devotional style letters where i attempt to share my thoughts on matters of the Soul.  You can select one or both lists on sign-up, so those who aren’t interested in Christianity, for example, can skip it and no one will be offended.

Thank you for your continued support and patience as we await the unveiling of my second home :)

Because i am following a very low volume program, i only did 2 sets of each exercise and i paid full attention to my form and tempo through-out. Making sure i didn’t tip myself into fatigue. In my Pain Post, i will explain a little more about this stuff to help anyone in a similar situation.

1a. Double KB Box Squat (or Goblet Squat): 3×8

1b. SL Stability Ball Leg Curl: 3×8 (each side)

1c. Inverted Row: 3×8

• Side Plank Hold: 1x 20-30 seconds (each side)

2a. Dynamic Push-Up: 3×8

2b. Double KB Swing (or single arm swing): 3×8

• Side Plank Hold: 1×20-30 seconds (each side)

Done!

I’ll be back later in the week. Let me know your thoughts on what’s to come on myomytv :)

Cheers,

Tags: , , ,

1. Sam says:

You should totally write a book with all these workouts! I’ll be the first to put the order in, your workouts are awesome!

2. Stephanie Moore says:

Please sign me up for email. Looking forward to the new site.

3. Dekkon says:

Hi,

Have you diagnosed what happened to your back?

It was previously diagnosed as Ankylosing Spondylitis, but i believe that is a wrong diagnosis. I have an inflamed SI Joint and pain in that area :(

• Dekkon says:

I just found the post where you talked about it. Have your symptoms changed that you believe that’s not the case? I hope you keep up with your warrior spirit and rise through this.
        All the best.

4. Mike says:

On the new site update, can you put the RSS back?

5. Amanda says:

Hi there,

sooo looking forward to this – please sign me up!!

I am so glad you are back with more workouts. I missed seeing your videos. I will sign up for your e-mail announcements etc.
    I just joined a gym. I hit a wall after the cold hit here in NYC.

looking forward to what new things you have coming.

congratulations on your marriage best to both of you.

7. Laurie says:

So glad your back! Thought you ran away to get married and kept running;) Looking forward to both areas.
    All the best to you!
    Laurie, Canada

8. Tracey says:

So sorry to hear your dealing with so much pain on a regular basis. Must be hard to keep up with training etc. Still looks like you’re really keeping your strength up despite things:) Please sign me up to get your emails. I’m excited to see the new changes in your website etc!

9. Bonnie says:

Sign me up for both! :) Glad to see you’re back and congrats again! Cheers to the new direction and for this great workout. :D

10. Melissa Snyder says:

Sign me up please!

11. Kirsten says:

Hello Marianne, Nice to have you back! Congratulations with the wedding, by the way! You look so happy and beautiful :-)
    I am looking forward to your new site, and will definitely sign up for your emails. Thank you, and good luck with everything!
    Kind regards from Kirsten

12. Sarah C. says:

Please sign me up for your email. I am thrilled to see your site is being relaunched!

13. Jen says:

You have great form and you move with such grace through these movements… If I couldn’t hear you breathing I’d swear you weren’t working that hard! ;)

Thanks for this!

Thanks Jen :) I honestly didn’t get out of breath until the last superset – snatches!! But i am purposely not working to fatigue, and that is tough for me to deal with because i am so used to my goal being intensity (either by max rep effort or by more weight effort).

14. Hanelle says:

So excited for you and this new chapter in your life and career!! I’d love to sign up for the emails as well, but can’t see exactly where.

15. Sue Wanner says:

Happy to see a new workout and excited for your new site! You rock Marianne!

16. penny says:

I am so happy for you and the fact that you are following your passion and sharing it all with us! We are all blessed for having you in our lives as a sourse of inspiration, a pick.me.up when we are troubled for your words and insights hit home and make us look at things in different perspectives. And of course help us stay healthy and strong physically as well as spiritually and mentally.
    Good luck to you, congratulation on your marriage and best wishes for all good things to come your way.

17. Sarah says:

I love your workouts! Glad to see that there will be more to come. :D Thanks!

18. Becky says:

Love your site, Marianne! Can’t imagine it getting any better. :)

Best of luck with all of the amazing changes in your life. Can’t wait to hear more.

19. Wendy Greenlees says:

Good to see you back! I’m looking forward to the new site!

20. Kevin Hasen says:

sign me up for email

21. DIANNA says:

Hello. I too have had a painful back for the last 2 weeks. It is very frustrating.

In watching this workout, are you resting at all or just super setting everything without any rest?

I’m trying to get over the concept that to gain strength I don’t have to spend 1 1/2 hours in the gym everyday.

Hi Dianna, sorry about your back. With a bit of rest, you’ll be back to normal soon :) Just do what doesn’t hurt and you’ll be grand. Even lower the volume of training, but still keep moving. Something like this workout with maybe 2 sets of 6 reps might suit you well. No need to go for max intensity if you’re in pain.

Rest as long as you feel you need. I didn’t rest until i had finished 1 round/superset and then only for 1-2mins. I didn’t push myself like i usually do so i didn’t need much rest.

It’s really hard to let go of the old “more is better” mentality, but it really pays to do it and just enjoy shorter sessions :)

22. Robin Morgan says:

Sign. Me. Up!!
    Excited for all of it..:)
    Soo glad you’re back!!