Body Weight Stability Workout
This workout is all body weight, EXCEPT 1 exercise (the pulling exercise), were I use my Kettlebells. For the Bent Over Row, you can substitute the Kettlebells with Dumbbells or a sandbag, and perform the exercise in exactly the same way.
This is a great workout for stability, balance and cardio, you legs will be on fire. It is difficult in a different way that my usual workouts. Fun and challenging!
You also need a bench or chair +/- a stability ball. Don’t worry if you don’t have this equipment, because I show you some alternatives to do instead.
I am heading to London today, so this is going to be a quick breakdown:
Advanced Workout Breakdown – starts @ 01:15 after my speel
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 18 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 seconds effort. Complete 3 rounds of the following 6 exercises. My numbers are in brackets:
- Two-Sumo Jump Burpees (10, 8, 8)
- Stability Ball Bulgarian Squat (right) (11, 9, 8 )
- Stability Ball Bulgarian Squat (left) (10, 9, 9)
- Stability Ball Jacknife + Push Up Combo (12, 12.5, 12)
- Double Kettlebell Bent Over Row (2x16kg) (14, 12, 12)
- Evil Jumps (14, 13, 11)
This was a fun workout today. Not as challenging for strength, but definitely balance, stability and co-ordination. The Bulgarian squats were tough and my legs were on fire.
Intermediate Workout Breakdown - Starts @ 04:20
Set your timer for at least 20 seconds rest 40 effort and either complete 18 cycles in a row, or 3 x 6 separate cycles with a longer recover between rounds. Or do 3 separate rounds with more intense intervals, like 15/45. Here are some modifications.
- Two-Sumo Jump Burpee (minus Push Up)
- Bulgarian Squat from chair or bench (right)
- Bulgarian Squat from chair or bench (left)
- Stability Ball Jacknife (only)
- Kettlebell Bent Over Alternating Row
- Dynamic Squats
Remember you can mix and match between levels depending on you equipment and ability, as this may differ for each exercise.
Beginner Workout Breakdown – Starts @ 05:12
Either set your timer for 30/30 with no breaks between, rounds, or 20/40 with longer breaks between rounds, or the set reps below.
- Two-Squat Burpee (no push up, no jump) x 8 reps
- Reverse Lunge (right) x 12 – 15 reps
- Reverse Lunge (left) x 12 – 15 reps
- Lying Leg Raises (from horizontal or vertical depending on your core strength) x 12 – 15 reps
- Alternating Bent Over Row x 20 reps (total) / Bent Over Row (depending on equipment) x 12 – 15 reps (total)
- Jumping Jacks x 30 reps
I realise this layout seems rushed, but I hope it is clear enough. Give it a try and let me know how you fared