Love Renegade Rows!!

Balanced Full Body Workout | Kettlebell and Body Weight Routine

Love Renegade Rows!!

Hey all,

This could very well be the last workout I film in this studio!!  I am hoping among all the packing, I can get another workout up before I move house and studio next week.  It will be sad to leave the place where so much has happened. This is where I have grown myomytv, and my Personal Training business, but it’s time to get out in the big bad world and start upping my experience.

To celebrate my new beginning, I am running my New Year Personal Training offer for a while longer.  That’s 10 sessions for £200!  Please contact me if you are interested in this offer.

For those who don’t follow my on Facebook, check out the Studio (before anything has been done to it):

Argyle Business Centre, Belfast

Also, I got a few pieces of equipment to help progress my clients’ Glute Bridges and Hip Thrusts …

Airex Balance Pad and York Thick Bar Pad (both in my Amazon Store)

Now let’s get on with today’s workout.

While this is interval training, please remain aware of your form. Don’t sacrifice good form for more reps.

Set your Gymboss Interval Timer  for 24 cycles of 20 seconds for rest and 40 seconds effort. Complete 3 total rounds of the following 8 exercises. My weights and reps are in brackets:

1. Alternating Reverse Lunge (20kg) (20, 19, 19)
  2. Single-Leg RDL (right) (16kg) (11, 10, 10)
  3. Same on Left (10, 10, 9)
  4. Dynamic Push Ups (18, 15, 14) –> started well!
  5. Bent-Knee X-Band Side Steps (didn’t count these)
  6. Renegade Row (2x16kg) (20, 18, 17)
  7. Side to Side Step Overs (42, 40, 40)
  8. Double/Heavy KB Swings (2x16kg) (20, 16, 14) –> duration changed

Great workout!! Loved the single leg RDLs and Double Swings!

Hope you enjoy it too.

Cheers,

1. Frankie says:

I LOVE your workouts! They have been a lifesaver. I wanted to ask you – what does a typical week look like in terms of workouts? Do you alternate kbells and cardio? Thanks!!

Thanks Frankie.

I actually don’t do any cardio (in the traditional sense). What I do is 2-3 heavy strength sessions in the gym (with barbells, dumbbells and body weight), then 1-2 KB and body weight interval-style workout per week. My gym sessions last 45-60mins and my home workouts, 20-30 tops.

Any more would be over-kill.

Hope this helps :)

2. Britta says:

Renegade Rows – even though I have been training with KB’s for some time now – I still can’t do them!!! The other week I fell over doing them in front of a couple of young lads in the gym and looked like a right prat!:)

Oh they are a killer, right? If they are too challenging with the weights, drop them and do the same movement with body weight. This will help build up your core stability, which will often be the weak link here :)

3. [...] нея можете да си правите доста добри тренировки вкъщи! Посетете сайта на Мариан Кейн за идеи за тренировки с п…Ето в тези статии( ТУК,ТУК,ТУК,ТУК,ТУК, ТУК и ТУК), съм [...]

4. Marc miller says:

No snatches or high pulls any more?

5. Tracey says:

This workout looks awesome! I find it so helpful to see it done vs reading it off a page. I also love that you put the weight kb you use. Best of luck on your new beginnings!
    BTW: You’re looking so toned and tight these days!

Are you working and living in that space? it looks like it has enormous potential.
    Congratulations. Can’t wait to see what you have in store

No, I’ll just be working from there. I am actually moving back home to my mums for a while until I figure out where I want to live more permanently. The last thing I want is to get tied into any leases here and then end up moving to the States. Besides, this way I can save a bunch of money and maybe even afford my own place :)

7. chrysta says:

Just think, new beginnings! Its sad to leave but you are off to bigger and better things. So its exciting. I love love love double swings. Man do I feel those, whew! Super girly comment but I love your outfit and sneaks=)Chat soon!

(kind of funny but Im at work now…and I must have hit something on my keyboard but your video popped up full screen with sound all the way up. Ha!! Took me a minute or two to figure out how to minimize it all. I think everyone around me enjoyed the intro though=)