Before I describe today’s workout remember to follow myomytv on Facebook and twitter ….
Now, as promised, I put together an intermediate level workout… but no crazy-ass dancing warm-up today 🙁 *boo hoo*
Made up of 3 Triplets, your goal is to complete at least 2 rounds of each before moving on to the next one. Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 6 cycles of 20 seconds rest and 40 seconds effort (as an example for Intermediates) and complete 2 rounds of the following Triplets. My reps and weights etc are recorded in brackets.
Suggested regressions are noted below the workout.
- Thruster (right) (16kg) (12, 10)
- Thruster (left) (16kg) (13, 10)
- Two-Handed KB Swing (24kg) (28, 28 )
- Tactical Reverse Lunge (20kg) (16, 15)
- Bent Over Row (2 x 16kg) (13, 11)
- Super Plank Climber (11, 10)
- Vertical Pull Burpee (20kg) (10, 9)
- Alternating Swing (20kg) (26, 25)
- Dynamic Squat (weighted with 6kg) (25, 26)
This was the perfect level of intensity for me today! Just what I needed. After this, I actually went to the gym and managed a PR on my Front Loaded Reverse Lunges … 55kg x 3 reps each leg 😀 This is a great week for PRs. I have managed 3 or 4 so far ! Must be my new outlook on life paying off 😉
Firstly, think about your ability to maintain good form while performing an exercise during a timed interval. If you are not confident that you can get enough reps in WITH GOOD FORM, then I recommend setting the reps. Then you know you’ll get enough reps to make the workout worthwhile. Set the reps to a number you know is near failure. If that number seems to go on forever, then it’s probably time you got a heavier weight 🙂
If you know you manage good reps, but run out of steam quickly, then alter the intervals to 30/30 for example.
Triplet 1 – regressions
- Front Squat (KB to one side)/ Goblet Hold Thruster / Goblet Squat to Press
- Front Squat (KB to other side) / Or if you choose one of the Goblet options, then do mountain Climbers here.
- Stays as Two-Handed Swing
Triplet 2 – regressions
- Goblet Hold Alternating Reverse Lunge
- Single Arm Row (right and left equal time/reps)
- Either Plank Climber (minus push-ups) or Plank Hold
Triplet 3 – regressions
- Partial Vertical Pull with or without Burpee (a bit like a high pull with two hands)
- Alternating Swing or Two-Handed again
- Dynamic Squat without weight / Body Weight Squat
That’s it for today! I’ll be back briefly tomorrow with the GGS update and link!
Have a great Workout everyone 😀