24 Minute Interval Workout | Kettlebell Conditioning Circuit

Today’s workout is Kettlebell Conditioning using Interval Training. Unfortunately I did not have enough time to perform the entire workout myself, but I still recorded one round so you can see what it looks like.

Like every workout on this site, you can easily adapt it to your fitness level and modify exercises if you lack all the equipment. I will offer some suggestions below.

Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 24 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 seconds effort. Aim to complete 3 rounds of the following 8 exercises.

NOTE: You can chose to perform the 3 rounds continuously, or as 3 separate rounds.  You can also change the interval times to include more rest if needed, or more effort time if desired.

1. KB Suitcase Deadlift Burpee (if using 1 KB, place it between the feet deadlift it and then do your burpee. Or place on one side and do an Off-Set Suitcase DL, swapping sides the next round)
  2. Jump Rope FreeStyle (or mountain climbers, jumping jacks, high knees)
  3. Goblet 1.5 rep Squats (direction given on video)
  4. Two-Handed KB Swing
  5. Renegade Row (if you have one KB, then do single arm rows, or alternating bent over rows)
  6. Jump Rope FreeStyle
  7. Alternating Reverse Lunge (KB in Goblet hold)
  8. Roundabout KB Swing (if this is too difficult revert back to Two-Handed Swing)

This is the Honey Badger … it cracks me up every time!

That’s it for today – I hope you all enjoy the workout and will let me know how you found it … especially the 1.5 rep squats! 😉

I’ll be back soon with another update.

Before I go, do any of you want more beginner’s workouts?

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Chad says:

Thanks for the workout and ideas. I am new to kettlebell workouts and love learning new exercises. Great stuff here.

Thanks
    Chad

2. » Kettlebell Day: 01/04/13 - Ain't Skinny says:

[…] did another workout put together by http://www.myomytv.com, click here to go directly to the workout out that I did today (and as always- she has helpful example video of […]

3. Amy M says:

Hi Marianne

I have only recently discovered your videos on YouTube and now this website. I have to say it is very inspiring. I recently joined a local kettlebell club and have been enjoying it.
    I tried this workout yesterday and it killed me! I managed two rounds but the second round I had to increase the rest time and decrease the work time! Im working with 16kgs for the swings and deadlift, 12kg for the rest except the lunge i used an 8. Just wondering what you would recommend if I am aiming to get through the three rounds. Should I keep the workout the same for the next few weeks as I’m progressing or mix it up? I’m doing KB club once a week and PT once a week and trying to fit in a spin class too.
    Any advice would be greatfully recieved!
    Thanks
    Amy

I would say, keep doing what you’re doing for now. Very soon you will develop better recovery and endurance, so will naturally progress to being fit enough for 3 rounds. Patience and perseverance are key 🙂

4. Julie Flanders says:

MARIANNE!!!! Loved this one. I just did it, and I am wrecked! Feel great though. Can’t get enough of your workouts!
    Thank you.

5. Thank you so much for this workout and all the work you put in your blog. I recently got a KB and I love your videos.
    I did this workout last night, but could only do 2 rounds. I had the bad idea of eating diner beforehand…
    I recommended your blog in mine as you are such an inspiration
    Helene

6. Christin says:

Thank you for taking the time to put together these beginner workouts! I just completed the “Feel It! Kettlebell Interval Home Workout” again today (using reps +tabata at the end) and it is a serious booty kicker, but that’s what I love. 😀
    I need to get a jump rope so I can print this new routine off and try it out! Looks like a good one!
    Thanks again for all you do- you are a huge inspiration!
    LOVE the honey badger, and your tee!

7. […] 24 Minute Interval Workout | Kettlebell Conditioning Circuit -Marianne Kane. […]

8. Rashelle says:

Love/Hate the 1.5 squat! I can definitly feel it working:) Thanks for keeping me motivated during the loooong gloomy winter!

9. Penny says:

Oh yay, there’s the 1.5 squat. I’m taking my kids (12 & 14)out to the garage and we’re going to crank this one out (they probably won’t be happy with me (or you..heehee) but they’ll be glad they did it when they’re all done. Right?

I’m with the others on what Suzy says about your swing. I’d like to what her ‘correct’ form is.
    Speaking of your swing.. my husband wanted me to ask if your pony tail slaps you in the face on every swing. lol. Too funny.

Speaking of badgers.. Wisconsin Badgers made the Sweet 16. Woohoo.

• Penny says:

oops..
      I’d like to SEE her ‘correct’ form, that is.

Haha! YES my ponytail does hit me in the face! When it’s wet with sweat, it actually hurts a bit. I must learn a good technique for tying it all back better … but I’m useless at hair styling 😐

What does that mean that Wisconsin Badgers made the Sweet 16? Is that good?

• Penny says:

It just means the WI Badgers (Boys College Basketball) are still in the NCAA March Madness Tournament. It begins with 65 teams and once it gets down the 16 teams, they refer to them as the Sweet 16. So, yes, that’s a good thing 🙂

What if you braided your ponytail? That would make it a little shorter No? Worth a shot 🙂

I have my daughter watch your videos on how to do the swing. And we watch your hair (lol), so when Alanna (my daughter) tries to do the swing, she knows she’s doing it right if her hair flings back and forth. Funny but it works.

10. Jac Guillory says:

Ooooooooh nasty new squat 🙂 Just when i get comfortable with goblet squats!

You rock.

11. tempest lowe says:

i second the one and a half squat. i didn’t do it in this workout, but headed outdoors today with my KB’s and did 10 of those with my 25 lb. er

12. R. D. Nair says:

No St Patrick’s Day workout involving barrels of Guinness?

13. Cynthia says:

Hi Marianne! I loved the 1.5 squat! Yet another Killer workout 😉

14. Deborah says:

Marianne!!!
    First I love you site and you tube videos, you are such an inspiration. I’m just starting my journey of weight training and hope to have that same intensity and drive you have. I am still working on my form and the basics. It is difficult to engage the correct muscle groups my trainer tells me but say it all come in time. As of now I am loving weight- lifting and training and I can’t wait to see results. Thanks for all you do! Amazing!!!

15. Garry says:

Did this workout today (2 rounds) and it was perfect. It hit all major areas and was very time efficient. I really liked the jump rope put in as it broke everything up and kept me going. Will look to adjust times and number of rounds (increase) for the future.

Thanks.

Gary

16. Nia Shanks says:

MARIANNE! OMG. Those swings are HORRIBLE!

Ha ha ha ha! I would like to know what is so “scary” about your form. I remember you receiving high praise from TWO certified RKC instructors in Baltimore! 😉

Plus, you’ve got awesome glutes so you’re doing something right!

• Davis says:

ummmm yeah, so Suzy must not know what good form is, I have watched a lot of Marianne’s exercises, and actually, every single exercise she performs is done with textbook form! Good job with everything you do Marianne! More people should be working out like you!

• Tony Gentilcore says:

Ditto what Nia said. First thing I noticed was the glutes….;o)

But yeah, this entire circuit only confirms that I NEED to get some KBs for my apartment!

17. Suzy says:

WOW! Sorry to say…very scary form on that swing. I hope people don’t copy you.

18. Lyuba says:

Я сделала!!!! Мне очень понравилось) но это очень не понравилось моим соседям нижним этажом:D!! Спасибо!!!
    I’ve done!!!! I really liked it) but it is not like my neighbors lower floor:D!! Thank You!!!

19. Emma says:

If only David Attenborough was as insightful as that guy on the honey badger vid! 🙂

Will be making this my pre-partying St Patrick’s Day workout. Thanks for posting Marianne.

Have a good one 🙂

20. Marianne says:

Thanks everyone, I will work on more Beginner and Intermediate workouts 🙂

21. Lyuba says:

Привет,я нашла вас в ютуб)) купила две гири пока по 8 кг и начну с этой тренировки)) Марианна вы такая молодец!!!! Глядя на вас хочется заниматься!! Ох как же тяжко щас будет!!!:D я из России с языком пока не очень:D переведу через Яндекс)))
    Hi,I found you on YouTube))I bought two of the weight while on 8 kg and I’ll start with this workout)) Marianne you’re such a good boy!!!! Looking at you want to do!! Oh how hard right now will be!!!:D I’m from Russia with the language as long as not too much:D walk through Yandex))) know that the translation will get there :))

22. Celine says:

Hello Marianne,

Wow this workout was just what I was looking for before going to work in the morning! Quick and efficient! I just wanted to let you know that your workout videos are really appreciated, I’ve done the Ultimate 500 rep Kettlebell Workout which also kicks my butt every time 🙂

Keep them coming!
    Thanks
    Celine (from France)

23. squirrel says:

My honey badger is… the kakapo!
    A kiwi told me, that New Zealand has crazy birds, doing funny things… I had no idea… even the small ones come close, watching you and picking you… but this one hits the bottom:

24. Kat says:

Yes please! More beginner workouts would be fantastic!

25. Branda says:

Will try this, this weekend. I would love to see more beginner workouts. Maybe some intermediate workouts as well. I love your workouts and refer to them regularly.

26. R. D. Nair says:

Love the honey badger excerpt! Wisconsin is the Badger state.

27. Jenine says:

This is on tap for tomorrow morning! Love Randall & the honeybadger also 😉

28. tempest lowe says:

love love love that squat.