Today’s workout consists of 10 exercises per round and the aim is to complete 3 rounds. Using my nifty Gymboss Interval Timer I can easily flow from one exercise to another without having to keep time. Each exercise consists of 20 seconds maximum effort followed by 10 seconds rest. When the 3 rounds have been completed, you’ll have done a very intense 15 minute workout. I am using a 12kg Kettlebell (blue) and an 8kg (purple) which I got from Wolverson Fitness. You don’t need to use the same weight as me, use a weight you’re comfortable with, but at the same time will challenge you.
I designed this workout to emphasise on legs and cardio. The reason for this focus is by exerting more effort on large muscle groups the calorie expenditure will be far greater and thus the potential fat loss. By using Kettlebells, I increase this expenditure even more. And cardio, as we know, is great for burning fat. All in all I think this is a great workout. If I was to change anything, I don’t think it is vital that you record your reps in this workout as it may take away from your rest period. Focus is needed all the way through. Alternatively you may wish to record the reps to try and maintain the intensity better by aiming to better your score each round. It’s up to you.
The exercises and record of my reps are:
- Two-handed Kettlebell Swing (14-13-14)
- Kettlebell Front Squat (8-8-9)
- Kettlebell Dynamic Squat (10-9-9)
- Kettlebell Stiff-Leg Deadlift (8-7-7)
- Kettlebell Alternating Swing (12-12-12)
- Kettlebell Sumo Deadlift (8-8-10)
- Single-Handed Kettlebell Swing (Right) (12-12-12)
- Single-Handed Kettlebell Swing (Left) (12-11-12)
- Kettlebell Snatch-Lunge (Right) (6-7-7)
- Kettlebell Snatch-Lunge (Left) (6-6-7)
Let me know what you think of this workout and I’ll see you next time.